IGNORED

Pioneer Laseractive

What should i pay for one of these? This one has the built in S10 pak for Sega CD games. I'm guessing it does Genesis as well. I know there's a N10 pak as well for the Turbografx 16 and cd games too. (if you can find one)

It's not built in, there's a little box that goes in a slot, and carts fit in there, however it must be the correct region, but I'm sure a region mod is do-able. The pc-engine/turbografx module is what makes these expensive. I saw this one guy sell both pacs, the karaoke module, and a load of games/controllers for 600. So with just the sega pac, make sure to get less than that. I saw another with the front tray cover missing and sega pac for 200.

What should i pay for one of these? This one has the built in S10 pak for Sega CD games. I'm guessing it does Genesis as well. I know there's a N10 pak as well for the Turbografx 16 and cd games too. (if you can find one)

It's not built in, there's a little box that goes in a slot, and carts fit in there, however it must be the correct region, but I'm sure a region mod is do-able. The pc-engine/turbografx module is what makes these expensive. I saw this one guy sell both pacs, the karaoke module, and a load of games/controllers for 600. So with just the sega pac, make sure to get less than that. I saw another with the front tray cover missing and sega pac for 200.

Here is the original ad. He wanted $500 but said he would go $400 on it. I'm wondering if this will be worth it or not.

A GREAT BUY. ON Ebay it cost $1,999.00 click link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-CLD-A100-Laser...293%3A1294%3A50

LaserDisk Laseractive Pioneer CLD-A100 & Sega Pac S10 , no dings, no scratchs. tested, plays CD,s, LaserDisk,s and Sega Genesis cartridges.

All functions works fine,

Pioneer CLD-A100 Laser Disk Player

Sega Pac S10 with 2 Controllers pre installed (these controller works with sega and laserdisk commands)

This interactive system comes with movies. See listings below.

A fish called Wanda

An American Werewolf in London

Money Talks

White men can't Jump

Tales from The Crypts "Bordello of Blood"

Eraser

Robocop

Austin Powers "International man of Mystery"

The Nutty Professor

The Rock

The crying Game

Do the Right Thing

Congo

Major Payne

Mission Impossible

True Lies

From Dusk till Dawn

The Cable Guy

post-17612-1239954503_thumb.jpg

post-17612-1239954512_thumb.jpg

post-17612-1239954520_thumb.jpg

I paid under $200 (shipping included) for my Laseractive with Sega PAC and one Pioneer-branded Genesis controller. No movies or original system remote came with the unit, and I had to open it up and clean the Laserdisc arm with an eraser so it would correctly play movies again. Aside from that minor issue it was in great condition and has worked flawlessly. This, surprisingly, was an eBay deal.

As a Genesis + Sega CD, the Laseractive works fine. If you don't mind having a Genesis + Sega CD the size of an aircraft carrier, that is. And having Laserdisc support is nifty, if there's something in particular you want to watch that isn't available on DVD. Such was the case for me - two officially released Chicago concerts from 1993 were released only on VHS and Laserdisc. For obvious reasons, VHS wasn't going to be an option for me.

I have/use the Laseractive mostly for game testing purposes. It's a "neat" machine, but I'd never have paid more for it than I did. If you feel like paying $400 to get one, make sure you've done your homework first and that you're pretty psyched about it. The offer you're looking at may seem like a 'bonus' because it comes with a small collection of Laserdisc movies, but most Laserdisc movies can now be had for cheap, and the fact that you must physically remove and flip the disc in the middle of watching the film is quite annoying. This is true even of Glengarry Glenross, my favorite film, which is only 100 minutes long.

Edited by Clean Larry

I paid under $200 (shipping included) for my Laseractive with Sega PAC and one Pioneer-branded Genesis controller. No movies or original system remote came with the unit, and I had to open it up and clean the Laserdisc arm with an eraser so it would correctly play movies again. Aside from that minor issue it was in great condition and has worked flawlessly. This, surprisingly, was an eBay deal.

As a Genesis + Sega CD, the Laseractive works fine. If you don't mind having a Genesis + Sega CD the size of an aircraft carrier, that is. And having Laserdisc support is nifty, if there's something in particular you want to watch that isn't available on DVD. Such was the case for me - two officially released Chicago concerts from 1993 were released only on VHS and Laserdisc. For obvious reasons, VHS wasn't going to be an option for me.

I have/use the Laseractive mostly for game testing purposes. It's a "neat" machine, but I'd never have paid more for it than I did. If you feel like paying $400 to get one, make sure you've done your homework first and that you're pretty psyched about it. The offer you're looking at may seem like a 'bonus' because it comes with a small collection of Laserdisc movies, but most Laserdisc movies can now be had for cheap, and the fact that you must physically remove and flip the disc in the middle of watching the film is quite annoying. This is true even of Glengarry Glenross, my favorite film, which is only 100 minutes long.

This is what i was afraid of. Looks like we're looking at $250 perhaps?

I think I paid just over $300 CDN for my LaserActive, PAC-S10, Pioneer branded controller and Triad Stone. I was pretty happy with that. The PAC-N10 is the hard one to get though. I won one on eBay a few months back for $350, but got screwed on the deal (seller never shipped... amazingly, PayPal got me all the money back).

I love the LaserActive... the idea of having one machine (with only one power cord, and no wall wart) playing Genesis, SegaCD, TG-16, and CD-ROM2/SuperCD (not to mention MegaLD, LD-ROM2 and Laserdisc movies) really appeals to me. Yeah, it's big and impractical, but it looks great sitting in an entertainment system, especially when people come over and have no clue what it is. It amazes how many people never knew laserdiscs existed.

The only downside is that even with everything, you still can't play 32X or SuperGrafx games on it, so if you're really anal about things, you'll still need extra machines sitting around to play those.

--Zero

He wrote me back today:

Nope I can sell it for $450. This is a classic machine. $400 is my final offer sorry.

Wow. He really doesn't want to sell that thing...

The Laseractive is no rarity 9, and besides that, the economy is poop. He should be glad to get rid of it for a cool $200.

I know what it's worth.

...and I hope that "knowledge" does him a lot of good as his Laseractive sits on the shelf, unused and unsold, for many years to come.

He wrote me back today:

Nope I can sell it for $450. This is a classic machine. $400 is my final offer sorry.

Wow. He really doesn't want to sell that thing...

The Laseractive is no rarity 9, and besides that, the economy is poop. He should be glad to get rid of it for a cool $200.

I know what it's worth.

...and I hope that "knowledge" does him a lot of good as his Laseractive sits on the shelf, unused and unsold, for many years to come.

:lolblue: AGREED

Honestly, I don't think it's THAT ridiculous. Hell, I see people trying to sell them for over $1000 on eBay all the time... THAT'S ridiculous! Then again, maybe it's the same guy over and over again...

YOU HAVEN'T TRULY EXPERIENCED A MOVIE UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN IT ON LASERDISC.

I don't know what it is, but there's something about a laserdisc that seems so much more classy than a DVD or a VHS. I've been gradually accumulating what I consider the best movies of all time on laserdisc... I'm up to about 50 movies so far.

--Zero

Honestly, I don't think it's THAT ridiculous. Hell, I see people trying to sell them for over $1000 on eBay all the time... THAT'S ridiculous! Then again, maybe it's the same guy over and over again...

--Zero

Mostly, what it boils down to is the same person or persons trying to sell it over and over again when they should know their too damn high to sell it. But they keep trying anyway. :roll: As for the $400. It is that ridiculous when you figure he only has a few mostly crappy movies, NO games, and no N10 pac for the turbo games. The ones on ebay at least have a good reason for being a bit higher as they usually have the rare pac and actually have GAMES. The guy i talked to is ignorant and has absolutely no idea what he's doing. Just out of maturity on his part, he told me to go f**k myself just because i told him it was only worth $250 tops. Oh well. :roll:

Is that really you? (I got a few lazer discs, but no player)

YOU HAVEN'T TRULY EXPERIENCED A MOVIE UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN IT ON LASERDISC.

I don't know what it is, but there's something about a laserdisc that seems so much more classy than a DVD or a VHS. I've been gradually accumulating what I consider the best movies of all time on laserdisc... I'm up to about 50 movies so far.

--Zero

How about the fact the Laser Disc is true analog, so no artifacting that the DVD gets, and the laser discs run at 400 lines (I believe) so it's almost as high a resolution as a maxed out DVD. Man, I've only seen one working player, I should have bought it way back when, but heh, the "giant CD's" I have always get attention either way.