IGNORED

Pink Label Laser Blast

Zoyx

Pics or it didn't happen! :P

Okey Dokey then... http://www.flickr.com/photos/25537037@N07/3461894900/

One site I visited didn't even list the pink label as a variation. But after I posted here, saw another site that said it was common. Still a proud owner, though. Came with my Sears Heavy Sixer.

Pics or it didn't happen! :P

Okey Dokey then... http://www.flickr.com/photos/25537037@N07/3461894900/

One site I visited didn't even list the pink label as a variation. But after I posted here, saw another site that said it was common. Still a proud owner, though. Came with my Sears Heavy Sixer.

Certainly not common.

Could you make a scan of it?

8)

It is interesting that it's a consistent color... I'm still sort of inclined to think it's fading, though.

Anyone got a spare not-yet-pink Laser Blast they could set out in the sun for a while?

I'd do it, but I don't seem to have a spare at the moment.

It's pink, and that is its native color. Like Rom said, there would be differential discoloring if it was faded from the sun. What discoloring you see if probably from being stored in a basement or garage. The Pitfall, Freeway and Grand Prix that were in the same lot, showed the same discoloring... just aging, no fading.

Are you sure that isn't discoluration of a brown label Looks a bit blotchy up close

The other Activision carts from the same lot have the same "blotchiness", but not faded. Here is the lot that came with the Heavy sixer... http://www.flickr.com/photos/25537037@N07/3467811561/ . The Pitfall is very blotchy, but still the original green.

Doesn't look pink to me. Looks sun faded.
Could be.

On the other hand: both the front and the end label are equally pink.

Thanks for the scan.

It's perfect.

8)

I think its some type of fading, as if the yellow in the dye that make the orange in the carts has dissolved.

I think its some type of fading, as if the yellow in the dye that make the orange in the carts has dissolved.

That seems quite possible... like why when you see posters in store windows that have been there a long time, they're only blue and black because the other colors fade. But, then again, it could be an actual variation. I really want to test this out... just need to pick up a spare Laser Blast somewhere. I do have a spare Spider Fighter, guess I could try that for fun.