IGNORED

Any idea what this Standee is worth?

sydric

Hey guys .... this is Syd from the Personal Computer Museum.

Had somebody drop in the museum the other day and donate this E.T. Standee! I was so excited. Any idea what this is worth? How rare, how desired? We all know the story about how this game single-handedly brought down the industry for a while so it makes a great conversation piece.

ETStandee.jpg

Your thoughts are appreciated. Also, for anyone in Canada that gets SPACE: THE IMAGINATION STATION (Expressvu Satellite 627, check your local cable provider) my Game Room will be featured on "The Circuit" this Friday at 7:30pm. Lots of Atari stuff in there (I'll post YouTube video later).

Also, anyone in South Central Ontario is invited out to my Game Night - this Saturday, April 25th at 7:30pm. Visit www.gamenight.ca for more details.

Nice stand for sure but ET didn't cause the crash.

Trust me, I know that. I've been in the biz for a long long time....I'm just referring to the fact that people looking for a scapegoat often choose this game to blame. It's the mentality behind it (push out a game before it's ready, order more copies than we have hardware for, etc)

I paid $10 AUD for the exactly the same type..so thats about 7 USD :P

Well I'm Canadian so that's $8.74 lol. So did you get a super deal or is it generally only worth this? I know Standees don't usually get a lot of value, I guess I'm more interested in how rare it is. Having never seen one before myself, I kind of felt it was pretty rare.

Great site, don't mean to hijack - but where's the store or marketplace section? Guess you wouldn't have much of a museum left if you sold all that yummy Amiga stuff :-) LOL!

Yeah. Although, we do sell off doubles that have been donated with the "do whatever you wish with them" clause. We're actually having a huge Star Wars/Spring Cleanup event on May 23rd and will be selling vintage software and complete systems. Probably a bit of a drive for you though! Selling our extras at time helps finance the costs (for example we now have over 600 computers in our storage facility which has rent every month and the juice required to keep these puppies operating also costs money every month)

I paid $10 AUD for the exactly the same type..so thats about 7 USD :P

Well I'm Canadian so that's $8.74 lol. So did you get a super deal or is it generally only worth this? I know Standees don't usually get a lot of value, I guess I'm more interested in how rare it is. Having never seen one before myself, I kind of felt it was pretty rare.

Dont know if its a super deal or not,i was the only bidder on my item and i got it for that price...have never seen another until now.

So here's my collection that was on TV across Canada tonight. save2600 -- note the cool Amiga reference during the credits!

Wow! Thanks for posting that Syd. Great collection you have there, and tidy too! I can't believe some of the things that come out of peoples mouths though: "now that there's PS3 and XBox360, why the need for all of this". lol Reminded me of a botched interview where Diane Sawyer asked the Moody Blues about drugs, women, etc. She obviously knew absolutely nothing about 'em.

Anywho, the host toward the end, asking unabashedly over network tele about pirating Amiga games... classic stuff! lol Although, some of the NewTek programs are now PD. At least, on the Amiga end. Did you point him to the WHDLoad, HOL, etc. sites? He'd go bonkers with his Miggy if he was aware of them...

Edited by save2600

So here's my collection that was on TV across Canada tonight. save2600 -- note the cool Amiga reference during the credits!

Wow! Thanks for posting that Syd. Great collection you have there, and tidy too! I can't believe some of the things that come out of peoples mouths though: "now that there's PS3 and XBox360, why the need for all of this". lol Reminded me of a botched interview where Diane Sawyer asked the Moody Blues about drugs, women, etc. She obviously knew absolutely nothing about 'em.

Anywho, the host toward the end, asking unabashedly over network tele about pirating Amiga games... classic stuff! lol Although, some of the NewTek programs are now PD. At least, on the Amiga end. Did you point him to the WHDLoad, HOL, etc. sites? He'd go bonkers with his Miggy if he was aware of them...

Well actually the "CONQUEST" game he referred to was on a Fred Fish disk - it was public domain. But I did hook him up with DeluxePaint lol :) He's actually going to come out to one of my next game parties (http://www.gamenight.ca) because he's only in Toronto which is about an hour away.