IGNORED

Textris1b Release

atx4us

I received many great suggestions and comments on my initial release of Textris1a. Thank you for all of your kind words and encouragement. Please download the new and improved version of Textris1b. This will most likely be the last version of Textris. I'm close to finishing up the GTIA 10 Color version which will also have more features such as Keyboard support, Game Pause, High Scores, etc. I will try to finish and release it soon.

Have fun!

CONTROLS:

Left - Joystick left

Right - Joystick right

Rotate - Joystick up

SoftDrop - Joystick down

HardDrop - Fire button

Next - "N" key toggles on/off

Quit - "Q"

Some major changes:

> Added SoftDrop

> Added Level Change Chime

> Level Change is now based on the number of connected lines instead of the Score

> Reworked Drop Rates and Move Rates

> Blink and Sound is faster for Connected Lines

> Fixed "hole in the top of the box" bug

Original Textris1a thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=143164&hl=

Txtris1b.zip

Just been playing, I mean testing this on my 130XE... there is a little bug when rotating a piece as it lands, it sometimes overwrites a block that is already in-situ... got from level 0 to 7, then had a go on level 9 and managed 20 rows so looks about right in terms of difficulty. Think option in finished game re controls would be good i.e. drop or rotate on button etc :ponder:

i know this may seem a bit insane, but please do change the name of this game to anything else

tetris is reserved word, and you can't have a title with *tris* part inside, or you may get sued

this is silly, but thats the way it is

Just been playing, I mean testing this on my 130XE... there is a little bug when rotating a piece as it lands, it sometimes overwrites a block that is already in-situ... got from level 0 to 7, then had a go on level 9 and managed 20 rows so looks about right in terms of difficulty. Think option in finished game re controls would be good i.e. drop or rotate on button etc :ponder:

You're right again about finding this bug. The problem with this game engine is that it is asynchronous and things can happen out of order.

The good news is that I started the Color Tetris game engine from the ground up and it is synchronous instead asynchronous. So far, I cannot recreate these bugs on the new game engine. Thanks for letting me know.