IGNORED

Red Faction: Guerrilla (Is this the game I have been looking for?)

Holy crap on a crispy cracker! Red Faction: Guerrilla looks like the type of game I have been talking about. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbSSusgs8As

"As you're playing through other games that tout destruction, you'll find that what you're seeing in all cases is a special effect. When you get into Red Faction: Guerrilla, what you'll find is a true physics based and stress based destruction system. . ."

I loved using the jet pack in GTA: SA, so this game has two things I love right from the start, realistic destruction and a jet pack:

Smashy, smashy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvHB--92yNw

Dude, Just go and right this very second (if you haven't) buy an Arcade Xbox 360.

You don't have to justify the purchase with this video, but yes add it to your list of 'Xbox 360 games to play list"

Soon you will refer to that list as...."The crazy loooooooong list"

I think I have a demo of that game on my last OXM magazine disc. I'll give it a try and let you know how it is.

Buy a 360 in any case. Even I have one for goodness sake, and I should hate everything it stands for. Instead, I play it every day and can't imagine why I waited so long to get one.

My friend downloaded the demo for this game, and much like the first on the Playstation2, it has true destructability to it, rather than a simple "prescripted" destructability like most games do. Honestly, I don't know why more games don't do this, it's really amazing, I was going to say something when my friend grabbed the mech thingy and walked through a building with it "oh yeah, the celing is going to stay there without the walls" and then the celing fell on him and I was all like "oh...."

I loved both games for the PS2, I think therre was a third one, but never found it, but I'll definately be picking this one up when it comes out next month, along with overloard 2, and Ghostbusters.

I played the demo a good bit last night. It's incredible. The enemy A.I. is actually kind of good (they got the jump on me a couple times by sneaking around behind me), and the destructive environments are perfect. I killed one guy by blowing a bridge up beneath him, and killed another by beating down two walls to sneak up on him for example of how useful it is in gameplay.

However, for you RT, I don't know if it'd be great. My mission was basically "to get miners on our side, go to point A and get the thing to bring to point B, then this sector is ours." How to do that was kind of open, but it was a very linear mission, and I didn't see any way to just run around having fun that didn't result in fighting all the enemies you'd fight in the mission anyway. However, the physics allows for a sandbox, in that, how you get to point A is wide open.

However, for you RT, I don't know if it'd be great. My mission was basically "to get miners on our side, go to point A and get the thing to bring to point B, then this sector is ours." How to do that was kind of open, but it was a very linear mission, and I didn't see any way to just run around having fun that didn't result in fighting all the enemies you'd fight in the mission anyway. However, the physics allows for a sandbox, in that, how you get to point A is wide open.

Thanks. Hopefully, it won't be a disappointment. Already sounds better than most linear, one way to play, wipe and flush, go F yourself, zero replay value games that I have played.