IGNORED

SOLD Nintendo NES Top Loader For Sale Boxed w/ Turbo Controls Marios & TMNT

kevincal

SOLD

Works ok, like a typical NES. Gotta blow in the carts sometimes. I had to blow on Mario 3 a couple times before it worked. Overall the Top Loader is in excellent condition, as is everything else. Check the pics. Thanks for looking. I accept Paypal or Postal Money Order (preferred).

post-2908-1245799671_thumb.jpg

post-2908-1245799724_thumb.jpg

post-2908-1245799739_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevincal

Not to venture too far off topic, but I was always under the impression that the 'wedge' NES eliminated the 'blow in the cart' problems associated with the spring loaded toaster.

I'll assume based on this listing that my understanding is not correct?

I remember reading another guy complaining about how his top loader was no better than the old toaster NES as far as games that aren't new / well-played / slightly dusty need the same attention to get working on a top loader as they do in a toaster. In other words, even if you have a mint top loader, if you put an old, well used & slightly dusty cart, good chances it won't fire up. All it needs is a nice hard blow, always does the trick. ;) Or better yet, clean the cart contacts with q-tips and alchohol.

I thought the same thing as you, but it's not really true that the top loader gets old well used NES carts working quicker than an original toaster NES. It doesn't have the blinking problem from what I've seen, just kind of a blankish screen.

That said, I don't want to scare off potential buyers! :P Everything I'm selling is in great shape, and it only took a few tries to get Mario 3 working, this after the top loader and Mario 3 sat unused for quite awhile. My guess, give this top loader some good quality play time, inserting several different carts to play, and I bet it will fire up first try from then on. ;)

I'm overly honest, sheesh!

Edited by kevincal

Not to venture too far off topic, but I was always under the impression that the 'wedge' NES eliminated the 'blow in the cart' problems associated with the spring loaded toaster.

I would think that the top loader NES would be just as reliable as your average SNES, which I've rarely had problems with, and almost always because of a dirty cart. But PLEASE don't blow on your carts! Use a small brush to get the dust off and then a q-tip lightly dipped in 99% alcohol to clean it good.

By the way, the included "dog bone" controllers are by far my favorite NES controller! Great shape, nice buttons, it's the way they should have been from the beginning.

:)

Edited by SRGilbert

I would think that the top loader NES would be just as reliable as your average SNES, which I've rarely had problems with, and almost always because of a dirty cart. But PLEASE don't blow on your carts! Use a small brush to get the dust off and then a q-tip lightly dipped in 99% alcohol to clean it good.

By the way, the included "dog bone" controllers are by far my favorite NES controller! Great shape, nice buttons, it's the way they should have been from the beginning.

:)

NES 101 Toploaders are extremely reliable, unfortunately I busted my dogbone controller... So I use Max controllers as a substitute as the original NES controllers just dont look right.