IGNORED

What are the must-have Jaguar games?

4Ks

I plan on getting a Jaguar sometime, and I would like to know what the must-have Jaguar games are. So far I know of:

DOOM

Wolfentstein 3-D

Bubsy: Fractured Furry Tails

Atari Karts

Checkered Flag

Zoop

If you do a search you'll find this topic discussed many times.

Some common (and therefore reasonably priced) games I recommend:

Tempest 2000, Iron Soldier, Super Burnout, Val d'Isere Skiing, and Cybermorph.

Some games that aren't so common but are good:

Missile Command 3D, DOOM, Alien vs Predator, Power Drive Rally

A few games that are common and cheap, but not to everyone's taste:

Brutal Football (especailly good 2-player), Trevor McFur, and Cannon Fodder.

Please remove Bubsy and Checkered Flag.

Huh? What is that all about? There are all kinds of people who like those two titles. Not the most SHINING example of the Jaguar line, but as many know Bubsy is one of my favs. :)

I thinl this list is quite representative

http://www.ataritimes.com/rankings.php?System=Jaguar

Agreed.

My faves... Bubsy, Doom, Raiden, Tempest 2K, Defender classic (on Defender 2K), Surrounded, Battlesphere, Cybermorph is a lot of fun once you give a chance (and get past the first few worlds), Battlemorph is great, Pitfall (very underrated), Zool 2, Rayman, I don't have the Jaguar version but Soccer Kid is a lot of fun, and there are many after that which are fun too.

I think many people will agree that Bubsy( pain in the ass) and Checkered Flag(need I say more) are not good.

Maybe, and then again, some really enjoy those games. Let the newbie Jag player find out for himself.

When folks recommend games to Jaguar newbies, they should probably take note of the rating or the value. I think it's reasonable to recommend T2K or Super Burnout because those are common and easily obtained. Recommending the rarer games that cost $80+ each is probably not in a newbie's best interests.

Is there more what? Games that are $80+..?

Yeah, pretty much any release from Songbird or Telegames is $80+ when you lump in shipping. (Well, Brutal Football is actually reasonable - you can usually find that on eBay for $12-$15.) I get that there may be good reasons why they are so expensive, but I still don't think they should be recommended to a newbie.

A copy of BattleSphere Classic went for $610 US (!) plus shipping last week on eBay. Anyone who recommends BS to a newbie needs to give his/her head a shake.

Is there more what? Games that are $80+..?

Yeah, pretty much any release from Songbird or Telegames is $80+ when you lump in shipping. (Well, Brutal Football is actually reasonable - you can usually find that on eBay for $12-$15.) I get that there may be good reasons why they are so expensive, but I still don't think they should be recommended to a newbie.

A copy of BattleSphere Classic went for $610 US (!) plus shipping last week on eBay. Anyone who recommends BS to a newbie needs to give his/her head a shake.

LOL :D

Edited by walter_J64bit

Checkered Flag is not a good game!

Agreed - Checkered Flag sucks supremely.

If you want a GOOD racing game for the Jaguar you can't go wrong with Super Burnout or Power Drive Rally. I also find Atari Karts and Val d'Isere to be good, though Atari Karts will set you back maybe $60 to $80 these days...