IGNORED

EOTB Pics... per requests

EricDeLee

BTW Eric, what about the game´s graphics? Are they anything like the ones in that tech-demo, or was that fake and the real game looks less good?

I spent a good four or five hours with this game today... and have gotten deeper and deeper within the sewers. I met some new monsters today... found some new secrets, teleports, hidden walls and secret elevators. All in all, The Sewers of WaterDeep are a lot of fun!

Enjoy the pictures.

post-3390-1246674167.png

post-3390-1246674181.png

post-3390-1246674189.png

post-3390-1246674199.png

post-3390-1246674206.png

post-3390-1246674215.png

post-3390-1246674241.png

post-3390-1246674248.png

post-3390-1246674265.png

post-3390-1246674274.png

That first monster (all white) was strange. He isn't the same as the one right below it. He had some sort of magical or electrical charge and rushed my group. That was the quickest I could react to get a picture. He actually knocked one of my guys unconscious. The damage I took was very significant. Thus far nothing has really hurt me even close to that amount. So it is strange to see that much damage all at once. I hope I don't run into that anymore! LOL I did have one scare where I fought a hoard of zombies. I had 12 of them pop up and luckily I was able to survive them.

As the levels raise, I noticed that the monsters are getting a bit clever as well. I've had them sneak up on me now and hit me from the side or from behind. It is scary to sit there and take a hit, then turn around and see a swarm of ugly zombies staring at you!

Notice... there are 6 hit fields... or damage indicators. I only have 4 in my party, but for some reason when I left a level, two members were replaced with new ones. Not really sure. But if I fall through a pit, I get damage indicators for 6 people. Same here. Kind of strange, but not really a big deal.

There are a lot of twists and turns in this game. You really have to pay attention at where you are at all times. Mapping things out sure would help. Certain locations spin you around 180 without you even noticing. Iff you don't pay attention to the Compass you will run yourself in circles for a long time. I did that. while I was mapping out a level, I realized how much I screwed it up by not noticing a few times where I was flipped 180 degrees or 90 degrees. Crazy stuff like that will keep you on your toes! One wall has writing on it and it says: Not all is as it seems. Very very true.

Edited by EricDeLee

Pretty awesome, Eric!

I never imagined you´d play via Emulator and do screenshots, thanks!

The graphics really are like in the demo, the game looks pretty damn awesome! :)

The monsters look especially nice. I am glad to see that this seems to be turning out how we all hoped.

4 characters seem to be the standard in all other versions of the game as well; I checked screenshots for Sega CD, DOS and Amiga 500, none of them seems to have had 6. I guess the damage indicator is just some small bug.

It will be great when this game finally becomes available; a milestone for the Lynx. :)

So is this still a sold out limited edition release or do people like me who do not follow the Lynx scene still get a crack at purchasing one? Just kind of sucks that I will most likely never get to play a game that looks this cool :( I guess someone will eventually sell there copy and that will be my chance. If I owned one though I don't think I would sell it, the Lynx library really needs a game like this.

Eric,

Thanks for the picture update. I played a LOT of Dungeon Master on the ST back in the day, and this is very reminiscent of that game. DM also has the spinner plates and yes, it can really mess with you until you notice what's happening.

Hopefully, I'll be back to work by the time you start selling the game. (Got laid off Friday, but with any luck, it won't be for too long.)

Thanks again!

Smeg

To get the screenshots, you obviously were successfully dumping the ROM from the cart to play in an emulator. Are you able to still save the game from the emulator?

That was a great idea! I could add the ram save to Handy. Then Eric could try the saves also with an emulator before he does a real cart.

--

Karri