IGNORED

SKAI the Dragon - a 4k game

bongomeno

Hello everybody! I just stayed up through the night (AGAIN!!!) making this new gams lol :cool:

the game is simple, but fun........ it is kinda based on the DragonLance books. lol

You play as a wizzard in an epic battle with Skai the dragon (from DragonLance).

The game takes place in a castle.

there is a magic ball that roams around the castle as the dragon circles around the castle.

you must get the magic ball and use (shoot it) it on the dragon. every time you shoot it a new one will come and you will have to get it. you must also avoid running into the walls of the castle or you will lose.

The dragon will also fight back by shooting fire at you. if you touch the dragon or its fire then you will lose.

I would love to know know what you think about the game.

Enjoy!

skai.bas

skai.bas.bin

post-23441-1246786796_thumb.png

post-23441-1246786810_thumb.png

post-23441-1246786821_thumb.png

post-23441-1246786833_thumb.png

Edited by bongomeno

Finally got around to trying this also.

Suggestions:

Why can the dragon shoot up as well as down but I can only shoot up? That can be an easy thing to implement.

Why do I die when I touch the playfield? That doesn't seem right.

Should have the castles change every level.. with a new "playfield", maybe even a new dragon color like Dragonfire did.

Game is too easy. Dragon should eventually die, you go to a new level discussed in the previous suggestion, and the dragon moves a little faster.

Having said all that, good start on your first few games here. I did have fun playing them and I'm glad to see you here.

i just made some updates:

the player is white when he has the ball and grey when he does not.

the game now has progression:

STORY -- a castle is being built, but a dragon is trying to stop it. you, the wizzard must hold off the dragon while the castle is being built! as you progress through the game by attacking the dragon, the castle will be built up and you will have less space to move.

I also fixed some bugs/problems.

Looks good,but is hard to play.

thanx! i wanted it to be hard lol

thank you for all the comments.

it looks like i am going to have to take out the killer walls and find another way to make it harder.

my plan for the 'killer walls' was that if you run in to them you would be knocked out and the dragon will come and kill you. lol i just did not do the animation for it.

I am thinking that i can make it harder my making more dragons appear up to a max of 3 in the last part. I can also make the dragon move faster.

I do not want to make it so you can kill the dragons because the idea is that you are fending them off while the castle is being built.

oh and you CAN fire up and down like the dragon. to fire down the dragon has to be below you and to fire up he has to be above.