IGNORED

Aquarium

atari2600land

I know there's been a bB aquarium made, but I'm working on a full-fledged aquarium game. I have a question, though. Will bB ever support the AtariVox to save games and high scores and stuff? Here's what I have so far. When I get it programmed, pressing Fire will bring up a menu with options on what to do with your fish (Feed, Pet, etc.)

aquarium.bas

aquarium.bas.bin

Edited by atari2600land

Added the menu. None of the options work yet (they are the same as EXIT will be.) and I'll probably add more options later. It took a little extra time to have the fish and bubbles be at the same place where you left off after exiting the menu without freezing up, but I think I did it.

aquarium.bas.bin

aquarium.bas

Added the pet feature. Also, I changed the score graphics so they work right (in case you've read my post in the Bug Report thread.) I wish there was a way that I didn't have a score, but putting "const noscore=1" with the multisprite kernel doesn't work.

aquarium2.bas.bin

aquarium2.bas

I wish there was a way that I didn't have a score, but putting "const noscore=1" with the multisprite kernel doesn't work.

Why don't you just set the scorecolor to the color of the background?

...or just zero out the sprite lines of the score graphics?

Added a little game where you move a cursor and the fish follows it. It's under "GAME" in the menu. To opt out of the game, press fire. I have 642 bytes left. Any ideas on what to do with it?

There seems to be a bug where the GAME only works after a FEED action. If it happens after a PET, the cursor never shows up and the fish's x increments.

If this is in the virtual pet style, how about you use the remaining ROM to gradually kill the fish if its not fed, and drive the fish crazy if its not entertained?

Actually the arrow *was* showing up, but its x position was at 0 and was hidden. I fixed that.

I don't really want to make this an accurate virtual pet game, #1 - It would definitely be over 4k, and #2 - I don't want the poor fish to die or go crazy. He's cute the way he is.

Another reason I'm not making this an actual virtual pet game is that without an AtariVox, the 2600 has no memory, so it can't really remember what the pet would be doing last. That, and I want to keep this at 4k because if it gets released, I wouldn't want to spend more than $20 on it. Here's the fixed "GAME" version.

aquarium5.bas.bin

aquarium5.bas

• 11 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew will be playing Aquarium on tomorrow's (Tue Oct 27) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2009 at 7:34 PM, atari2600land said:

I know there's been a bB aquarium made, but I'm working on a full-fledged aquarium game. I have a question, though. Will bB ever support the AtariVox to save games and high scores and stuff? Here's what I have so far. When I get it programmed, pressing Fire will bring up a menu with options on what to do with your fish (Feed, Pet, etc.)

aquarium.bas 2.5 kB · 129 downloads

aquarium.bas.bin 4 kB · 193 downloads

A forum search on AtariVox brings up several hits including this:

Was this eventually incorporated into the project?