IGNORED

Running Smile

Animan

A new game i made in my spare time. I plan to make one more 2k game, throw this game, my previous game (Catch A Coin), and that other game into a compilation cartridge (3-in-1), then go ahead and make a 4k game or something.

In this game, You play as a person trying to catch a smily, and avoiding the evil face. It's a little rough, but it's playable, and mildly addicting. Also, that weird intro is a glitch, but left it in because it looked cool. Yeah, the 3D effect is slightly weak in this one, but at least you don't have to look at it sideways.

post-23192-1247276646_thumb.png

Running_Smile.bin

Not bad. Here's some thoughts of mine:

- I like how the smiley face gets smaller. Sometimes makes it tough to get it.

- Needs to get faster as your score gets higher. Otherwise there's not much challenge to it.

- Those black lines to make the 3D like effect. Can you make those slowly scroll towards the center of the screen? Like every few frames it gets updated to give the illusion it's moving in or you're going down a tunnel. This would be the "running" in your game title.

- Maybe add a use for the fire button.. maybe a one time use "shield" that will be good for xx amount of time.

- I like the way when you get killed the guy disappears.. the way he re-enters is cool.. like he speeds up to get back in there.

- How about maybe a timer? That would make it interesting.. sort of like racing checkpoints. You have xx amount of seconds to get xx amount of points or you don't advance to the next more challenging level.

- Maybe when you do get to a more challenging level the green color changes so you know it's a new level.

Edited by yuppicide

Not bad. Here's some thoughts of mine:

- I like how the smiley face gets smaller. Sometimes makes it tough to get it.

- Needs to get faster as your score gets higher. Otherwise there's not much challenge to it.

- Those black lines to make the 3D like effect. Can you make those slowly scroll towards the center of the screen? Like every few frames it gets updated to give the illusion it's moving in or you're going down a tunnel. This would be the "running" in your game title.

- Maybe add a use for the fire button.. maybe a one time use "shield" that will be good for xx amount of time.

- I like the way when you get killed the guy disappears.. the way he re-enters is cool.. like he speeds up to get back in there.

- How about maybe a timer? That would make it interesting.. sort of like racing checkpoints. You have xx amount of seconds to get xx amount of points or you don't advance to the next more challenging level.

- Maybe when you do get to a more challenging level the green color changes so you know it's a new level.

In that case it may have to be 4k or something.