IGNORED

What would you do?

the.golden.ax

What would you do if you had a fairly big deal ($400) with someone, who was very nice through the whole process... shipped your stuff out, and then there was a major issue.... like all the games were etched (and we are talking DEEP) with the name of a video store... many of the CIB boxes were crushed due to poor packing... some of the games said to be complete missing manuals... nothing about the etched/carvings mentioned in the listing or communications... and then you state your displeasure, only to get no contact. Why do I seem to attract every oddball situation that could happen? Guess I just take on too many deals. I'm growing tired of trying to have normal transactions as a buyer. Can't anyone be perfectly honest about the condition of what they are selling?

DSC02333.JPG

AX

Did a paypal claim for "not as described". It took paypal 4 minutes to send the following email:

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User

Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It

does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods

received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a

refund.

AX

The guy should have posted:

" I screwed up the games, and I am over pricing these for a quick buck, No pics cause you dont wanna see the horrible condition these carts are in.

Thanks"

Come on! Some thing THAT big, paypal should have given you half of your money back ATLEAST! Or the guy you bought it from should give you the money.

I asked for pictures... the pics I was given did not show the carts, just nice boxes that were okay... the fact that they were packed snug with no padding, and then bashed by USPS ruined the best part... like an lovely easter egg, opening crushed boxes gave forth the best present of all... carved up games that I paid $20 and $30+ per each for some. I only asked paypal for $150 of the $400... FYI... they automatically denied this. Me thinks they really want to push using eBay only...

AX

Thats nasty.. sorry about your loss ax.. I hope at least some of the games are in good condition/salvageable so its not a total screw up. Even though it seems that most/all of them came from a rental videoclub. The bad packaging.. I wont even go there cause I have witnessed it times and times again (thank god never through Atariage).

Me thinks they really want to push using eBay only...

Wait, so this was done outside Ebay? I wouldn't think paypal would do anything. It's essentially a private transaction whereas via Ebay it's governed by their TOS and you can certainly get a refund. If it was just a private transaction, it's not much different than sending money via Western Union for the goods. You can't get it back once sent no matter what. Sorry you got gipped.

Call Weezee up. Tell them George is movin' on up to his house and wants to play. Seriously though, I'd be pissed but would only kick myself in the arse if I didn't see what exactly I was getting. I don't unedrstand why PayPal would say that if they give you an option in there to say the items were not as described when you got them. My guess is this person called PayPal ahead of you to cover their a$$ and made up a story they must ahve believed. Sorry man. :(

take paint stripper, this stuff is strong enough to melt the palstic enough to go down to the next layer.

I wnt to remove the sharpie of a snes controller in the back and this this was literaly eating the plastic away

Paypal has some very rigid rules. What I would have done is report the whole thing as "not as described" and not mentioned anything about it being the right games but that they had etchings in them, I would have also reported it as damaged by the seller and left the impression with paypal that the games were either not all there or missing... I mean I would LIE like a rug and it would be the seller's word against yours. all you do then is ship it back with signature confirmation and you're good to go, although you'll have to wait weeks and weeks for your money. the same thing happened to me with an FX card for a Mackie Audio Mixer I had and the card did not work and it was my word against the seller's and the seller had a guarantee in his auction description but he fought the return. I won ultimately but it took the entire time they said it could take, like 6 weeks.

but what's done is done, the best thing you can do is re-sell the lot on ebay and list the problems with the games and get as much money back as you can. photograph the hell out of the lot and make it look as good as you can but without withholding any of the issues.

You may also want to try to call paypal and get someone on the phone instead of through e-mail and explain more thoroughly what happened, maybe you'll get better care from them then.

oh, and the other thing to do is totally trash the seller in as many forums as you can and of course leave negative feedback if it was ebay or CTCW

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

Yes, conner I know. The only way to describe it is the number of deals I have... If you put out a small net you will catch a fish... if you put out a big honkin net, you will catch a hundred fish, a dozen shoes, a bowling pin, and a tire.

While I have quite a few good deals, recently my net seems to be full of junk.

The seller wrote me and acted surprised about it (though they had read my PM and not responded...) I guess some people didn't know you can A) track messages B) see the last time someone was on. A few days after having seen my PM originally said they would take care of it (and did act like they just now heard about it)... Waiting for a follow up (some 24 hours now). On a 42 game deal for $400, 15 games were etched and 9 boxes ruined. One game was not there at all, and several that were said to be complete, had no manual. I think $150 of the $400 is a fair compromise. The seller has plenty of other stuff... if they wanted to cover the losses in items that would be fine. They had insurance, and should make a claim for the crushing... even though it was due to poor packing.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

Yes, conner I know. The only way to describe it is the number of deals I have... If you put out a small net you will catch a fish... if you put out a big honkin net, you will catch a hundred fish, a dozen shoes, a bowling pin, and a tire.

While I have quite a few good deals, recently my net seems to be full of junk.

The seller wrote me and acted surprised about it (though they had read my PM and not responded...) I guess some people didn't know you can A) track messages B) see the last time someone was on. A few days after having seen my PM originally said they would take care of it (and did act like they just now heard about it)... Waiting for a follow up (some 24 hours now). On a 42 game deal for $400, 15 games were etched and 9 boxes ruined. One game was not there at all, and several that were said to be complete, had no manual. I think $150 of the $400 is a fair compromise. The seller has plenty of other stuff... if they wanted to cover the losses in items that would be fine. They had insurance, and should make a claim for the crushing... even though it was due to poor packing.

AX

Nice metaphor :) Yeah, I think 150 would be about how much you could expect from someone like this :roll: Were these rare games or what? Either way $400 is a lot to spend on games in that condition

If you purchased from someone on here, make it a point to tell everyone never to deal with this person. My opinion.

Actually I'm editing this because someone mentioned Dazz and from reading Dazz's thread, it seems it is him. So I posted under Dazz's thread mentioning ripping you off and linked this thread for any buyers to see first. I know you were trying to give him a few days to see if things could be rectified, and if they are, I'd gladly mention it, but I am a supporter for the buyer and hate sellers who are not honest. I've been buying and selling collectibles for over 20 years and each and every transaction I do, I always either describe the product I'm selling or show pictures. I have a perfect Ebay rating of almost 2000 now and have only had I believe 3 people who were not happy with what I was selling. And each and every time I've either gave them back a partial refund, had them ship it back and replaced/given a full refund, or sometimes refunded them the money and let them keep the item if it wasn't that expensive. Customer service is always a high priority with me. I try to keep people happy so I can have further sales in the future. I'm in this for the long haul, just look at the amount of games I have for sale. Between boxed and loose games, I probably have 1500 or more games just for the 2600. And 500 are not Combats. :) I've weened my inventory down on the commons by shipping most to Albert for credit or doing lots of 100+ games on Ebay.

Anyway, I get upset when seeing people get ripped off, especially fellow gamers who are trying to build their collection honestly. It's not like this was a nice $10 flea market find and they were all etched. $400 is a nice chunk of change.

Phil

Edited by Philflound

If you purchased from someone on here, make it a point to tell everyone never to deal with this person. My opinion.

Actually I'm editing this because someone mentioned Dazz and from reading Dazz's thread, it seems it is him. So I posted under Dazz's thread mentioning ripping you off and linked this thread for any buyers to see first. I know you were trying to give him a few days to see if things could be rectified, and if they are, I'd gladly mention it, but I am a supporter for the buyer and hate sellers who are not honest. I've been buying and selling collectibles for over 20 years and each and every transaction I do, I always either describe the product I'm selling or show pictures. I have a perfect Ebay rating of almost 2000 now and have only had I believe 3 people who were not happy with what I was selling. And each and every time I've either gave them back a partial refund, had them ship it back and replaced/given a full refund, or sometimes refunded them the money and let them keep the item if it wasn't that expensive. Customer service is always a high priority with me. I try to keep people happy so I can have further sales in the future. I'm in this for the long haul, just look at the amount of games I have for sale. Between boxed and loose games, I probably have 1500 or more games just for the 2600. And 500 are not Combats. :) I've weened my inventory down on the commons by shipping most to Albert for credit or doing lots of 100+ games on Ebay.

Anyway, I get upset when seeing people get ripped off, especially fellow gamers who are trying to build their collection honestly. It's not like this was a nice $10 flea market find and they were all etched. $400 is a nice chunk of change.

Phil

Yep, I cross posted this over in the Dazz for sale thread too:

He wrote me again last night saying he would take care of it and the lack of communication is due to work schedule. I have no reason to think he woun't make it right at this point... and I will post about it clearly if he does. I think it was an oversight on the carved carts, and clear postal damage on the boxes. He does need to make it right and it sounds like he wants to... in both PMs he has said nothing to make me feel like he has been trying to get out of it.

AX

The details of the deal were (specifically for my own collection... NOT for resale)

$1.00 Xevious loose NES

$4.00 Back to the Future complete NES

$4.00 Battle Chess complete NES

$4.00 Castlequest with Map n Box NES

$4.00 Evert & Lendl Top Player's Tennis complete NES

$4.00 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom TENGEN complete NES

$4.00 Jack Nicklaus Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf complete NES

$4.00 Kings of the Beach complete NES

$4.00 NES Open Tournament Golf complete NES

$4.00 Who Framed Roger Rabbit? complete NES

$4.00 Win, Lose, or Draw complete NES

$4.00 Caesars Palace complete NES

$10.00 Double Dragon II: The Revenge complete NES

$10.00 Twin Eagle complete NES

$10.00 Spawn complete SNES

$10.00 Star Trek: Next Generation complete SNES

$10.00 Ultimate Mortal Kombat complete SNES

Games over $15 buy one get a game under $8:

$15.00 Fighters History complete SNES

$0.00 Earth Defense Force complete SNES

$15.00 Congo's Capers complete SNES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase Wheel of Fortune -- Family Edition complete NES

$20.00 Super Dodge Ball complete NES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - Chester Cheetah Wild Quest complete SNES

$20.00 Civilization complete SNES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - Redline F1 Racer complete SNES

$20.00 Secret of Evermore complete SNES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - Donkey Kong Country loose SNES

$20.00 Super Street Fighter complete SNES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - Cool world complete SNES

$20.00 Turtles in Time w/Box SNES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - GP-1 complete SNES

$20.00 King Arthur complete SNES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - Head On soccer complete SNES

$20.00 Pirates of Dark Water complete SNES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - Tecmo Super Bowl complete SNES

$25.00 Robotrek complete SNES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - The Jungle Book complete SNES

$30.00 Twisted Tale of Spike McFang complete SNES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - Wheel of Fortune complete NES

$30.00 Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom complete NES

$0.00 FREE w/Purchase - Waldo complete SNES

$50.00 Chrono Trigger w/Box SNES

It wasn't all the games, when we started looking through it most of what we went through was etched (because it was mostly the high end stuff). I got sick from looking and had my wife check them. Of this stuff I have been informed the total tally was, 15 cartridges etched, 9 boxes were distroyed, 1 game was missing 100% (UMK3) and several manuals were not in the boxes when the games were said to be complete. The etched games were all of the high end stuff (other than ChronoTrigger thank God)

Some people have faulted me for being a reseller at times, not sure why it matters, but I am both a collector and a seller because one comes with the other. I collect for me, and as a result I have plenty of extras, I am in the right place at the right time to find resale deals, and have had retail stores in the past. On this deal, I offered what were eBay prices for high end games (with the bonus of having a free cheaper game when buying allot... his offer, not mine). He was exceedingly nice to deal with, talkative, and overall a nice person through out. I think if you were a reseller and you bought this lot you would have difficulty turning a profit at all, even without the etched games... as a collector, this kind of issue, especially if you are going to the effort of doing CIB for everything, is rather devastating. Sorry to always be complaining about something (like I said I do lots of deals)... but I really felt like this wasn't right and spooked when no reply for a few days. He does however seem like he wants to fix it up... and certainly should.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

Please do let us know how this resolves. I think $150 refund is the least he can do and more than fair as long as he wraps this up quickly and does not leave you hanging.

again, if this turns out badly, you have some recourse. You can totally trash the guy so no one buys from him again in the near future, you can call paypal on the phone and talk with a real person to go over this issue. I am not convinced it is not something they can get involved in and I think you got rejected by answering the auto-form incorrectly so it spit out a an auto response not in your favor. Lastly, you can re-sell stuff you won't want to keep to recoup costs and just be up front about condition and I am sure you will get some money back.

I hope the guy does the right thing, if he does, he will seal his reputation and make many more sales in the future, if not, he's toast.