IGNORED

Angry Video Game Nerd K.O. Boxing

Devin

Hello all. I am pleased to announce that I have finished my first sequel to K.O. Cruiser! Woot!

In "Angry Video Game Nerd K.O. Boxing", you fight the cast and characters from the hit Internet show: The Angry Video Game Nerd.

AVGN KO Boxing 2009-09-06 NTSC.bin

AVGN KO Boxing 2009-09-06 PAL60.bin

K.O._AVGN_Manual.pdf

If case you are not familiar with the show, the Angry Video Game Nerd is an Internet show based on reviewing old video games. The "nerd" is a retro gamer like us and, like us, has been aggravated playing terrible games. Often, in the past, we would buy a game (or most likely get one as a gift) only to find out it was TERRIBLE!

"Back to the Future for my Nintendo? Thanks Santa! This looks great!"

(10 minutes later)

"This sucks!"

The show combines knowledge of video games & old systems with rants so acerbic and scatological that they can cause paint to peel. In quite a few episodes, characters from the game, such as the Joker, Cowardly Lion, Bugs Bunny, etc... join in. Mike Matei, who acts in these roles, and creates the episode title art, was kind enough to draw a cover for this game. He also was helpful by giving me tips and suggestions during development.

Enjoy!

P.S. In this sequel, I added I added the ability to dodge punches. When your opponent is about to throw a punch, you can move left or right and dodge. If your boxer is not in danger, you will move normally. I'll update my other boxing game to use this feature.

post-17256-1250564567_thumb.png

post-17256-1250564571_thumb.png

post-17256-1250564574_thumb.png

post-17256-1250564578_thumb.png

post-17256-1250565790_thumb.png

post-17256-1250565809_thumb.png

post-17256-1250577283_thumb.jpg

Edited by Devin
  • Like 4

The game uses F4 78BIOS for CC2 users. The game is lots of fun although I seem to have gotten the AVGN theme song stuck in my head because of it. I also think it would be pretty cool to see this for sale over at Cinemassacre.com

Edited by HammR25

Hope it will hit the shop! But wait! Did KO cruiser hit the shop???

Not yet. It's in the queue. In the meantime, I plan to use my 32k codebase to push K.O. Cruiser from 16k to 32k. The result will be a nice credits screen. I can also make some changes to the backgrounds - since I can store more than just three.

Not yet. It's in the queue. In the meantime, I plan to use my 32k codebase to push K.O. Cruiser from 16k to 32k. The result will be a nice credits screen. I can also make some changes to the backgrounds - since I can store more than just three.

GREAT! :)

BTW: Did I miss its development, or where you doing it all on you own?

You probably missed it's development if you missed the K.O. Cruiser thread in this forum. :)

Devin: Does the Angry Video Game Nerd know he's about to be in a 2600 game? NM. I read the opening post a bit closer and got the answer. :)

I can see him sitting down and doing an episode reviewing himself, oddly enough. :ponder:

Edited by Mord

GREAT! :)

Actually, as of last night - I have moved over all the chars from the 16k into a 32k codebase. So, I have a 32k K.O. Cruiser on my computer. I haven't taken advantage of the extra storage yet. So much room!

Actually, as of last night - I have moved over all the chars from the 16k into a 32k codebase. So, I have a 32k K.O. Cruiser on my computer. I haven't taken advantage of the extra storage yet. So much room!

Cool, so the Kangaroo can now make a comeback?

Chris

Cool, so the Kangaroo can now make a comeback?

Chris

The great roo shall return in K.O. Homebrew. For K.O. Cruiser, I'm just going to use characters from my Commodore 64 version.