IGNORED

Koffi: Yellow Kopter is done!

Cafeman

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200d...offiKopter.html

To quote Mr. Fat Albert, "Hey Hey Hey, get outta my way!" Koffi is done!

I have posted a new demo for you to try at the Koffi dev site link. It allows you to play all four stages up to the end of Level 3. Also at the dev site are two pictures of the box & cart (samples), and an Instruction page for you to know how to play.

I've kept the "emulator override" title screen feature in this demo -- if you Press the #6 key, it will change the raindrops and koffi's eyes from the incorrect GREEN hue to a nice BLUE hue, as they appear on a real 5200 machine.

Differences (that I can think of) from the prior demo:

- the Atari Logo now boots at the beginning

- credits after you die! Press the #9 key on the title screen to see them, too!

- ANimals now expire if you don't pick them up in time, causing Koffi to lose water.

- a secret! Can you find it? You can activate it on this demo.

- minor graphical differences here & there. Cleaned up a bit, but in minor ways. Mitch (and his all seeing-graphical-glitch-eyes) may be the only one to notice. Mitch the Glitch finder. :)

- Credits! Do you know how many bytes they took!?! :)

- some of the keys on the title screen are different from before

- Koloring Book! see instructions!

Anyway, I hope everyone who tries it enjoys the demo. If you've ordered,wait for my email which is coming as soon as I have time to send them all with the info.

I am making 100 "Premier First Edition" Koffi's with Box, cart&label, and instruction manual. These are being manufactured one at a time, so some will have to wait a bit longer than others -- I will respond to your Order Emails in order (this is set already), and I will ship 'em out in order of payment received. All this will be detailed in my email response to you.

If you'd like to order Koffi: Yellow Kopter, I encourage you to do so soon. Again , wait for my reply. As I said above, I'm replying with specific payment info and address in the order that emails were already sent to me.

That's about it I guess. I'm tired & need some sleep ..zzzz.... :)

WooHoo!!!

Yay! Go Cafeman! You don't need no stinkin' sleep! Just more Joe! How are you going to get cracking on your next 5200 Tour De Force (Anyone up for 4-player Gauntlet? Warlords?) if you're sleeping? As the great philosopher Warren Zevon sang, 'I'll sleep when I'm dead....'

I assume you've already got my order request in your inbox. If not, let me know so I can be sure to get my order in pronto.

Keep on brewin',

Steve

:D :) 8) :P :) :D

HEY! In the screenshot at the bottom of the Koffi page, is that a SHADOW (!!!) of Koffi??? WOW! Very cool!

EXCELLET RON!!!!

I'm excited to have Koffi in my hand so I can finaly play it on a real 5200. Again, EXCELLENT work my friend and congratulations. I know it must feel really good to be done with it. I've worked extremely hard to make it a great game. And just think, it started out as a demo for programming the 5200. Let this be an inspiration to us all :!:

So when does Adventure II come out? I mean, this is your full time job isn't it? :D

I've never used MESS, so I can't really help you there.

There is a lower thread about the last demo of Koffi, and it seemed that Koffi wouldn't work with Mac emu's. Are you using MacMESS or PC MESS? Also, do any 5200 games work on your MESS?

You need to find out what the Start key is. I also have it programmed to accept the #1 key as Start. I did this because my controllers' Start, Pause, and Reset buttons don't work well, and on the off chance this is happening to other people, I put the commands on other keys too. "3" is Reset for example.(um, RESET is Reset, too of course. :) )

Hope you get it working ... or you could just download for free Atari800win, it works fine with that.

Also, I'm just about ready to start emailing everyone with specific payment , address stuff. I don't accept Paypal though, I'm sorry about that.

Don't worry, although it seems most of the Koffi's are taken up, I don't think I've missed anyone (I still have all the PreOrders , even from last spring, and the Orders from the past month or so).

I should have time to take care of the Emails tonight and tomorrow. I'm gettin' real busy here!

It's interesting, I got some folks from Germany, Austria, Canada. I wonder what the postage will be for those people?

Thanks for the encouraging comments too !

Wow the wait is over!!! Koffi will be a modern day classic. This game is so professional I can easily imagine it's 1982 again...the Atari 5200 has taken off and gotten alot of 3rd party support. I walk into Toy-R-Us, and see a new release on the wall! Koffi!!! This is the type of game we'd have been seeing back in the day. High quality original games...*sigh*

Ok Im awake now. Way to go Cafeman!!

Do I need to send you my address???

Cafeman, I used payingfast.com to send a money order.

Let us know if you recieve it quicly. This could be an easy way for people to send money orders online. Unlike Bidpay, Payingfast doesnt require your payment to be for an auction. I guess Western Union (bidpay) does this cause they want 9 bucks to send a non auction money order. Paying fast is only 3-4 dollars.

I did have to fax a copy of my card and license to Payingfast, I don't like that stuff, but every service is different.

Gotta love these "lazy man" services for people who don't have time to stand in line for a money order at the 7-11 :P

Charlie

I prefer to use Postal Money Orders. They are all of .90 cents...and since it is a Postal Money Order. Still have to stand in line...but with so many post offices in my city...I know what their "peak" hours are..and schedule accordingly.

:)

I received my email from payingfast.com that the MO is on the way. I'll post here again when it arrives (prob 2-3 days like everything else).

Does anybody have any suggestions for the most affordable way to ship to Canada, Germany, Austria, and Denmark? I'm slowly investigating USPS vs FedEx, etc. For packages, even small ones, it seems quite expensive so far.

Since I think a lot of folks might be checking here, I'll put a status check.

I have received 90+ orders out of my 100! I believe I have responded with address / payment info to all the USA folks, I will respond to the international orders once I'm sure of the best & most affordable shipping option.

Carts, boxes, and manuals are being made day by day. I'm pretty sure that by late November every single order will be mailed, with some earlier than others of course.

Some statistics:

Number of cartridges I've broken so far trying to open them: 0. (I must be the master at this! I use a very small but fat screwdriver head to pry it open, works everytime without fail so far.)

Number of cartridges where the old glue/label just WILL NOT COME OFF: 1. I don't know what it is; an aberation, a Goo-gone resistant strain of glue? I heat up the label with a hair drying, then either peel it neatly off (75% of the time) or scrape it off with a flat caulking tool (25% of the time), then use a rag + Goo Gone to get the remaining glue off. I actually did most of these months ago.

Number of times I felt I was getting high from the smell of Goo Gone: 1.

So, nobody tried to find the 'easter egg' secret in the demo yet, eh? It's not quite as easy to find as Castle Blast's. :D

I can't even play the demo. Best I can do is see the title screen, at least what I think is the title screen, using MESS.

I'm using a PC. I downloaded the 800Win emulator, but can't seem to get it to work. I have Stella, MAME and MESS and they all seem to work.

However, with MESS, most of my 5200 games don't work - for most of the ROMS, when the game starts up there's a screen that either says there's a bad code or it's a weak dump or something. I think only one or two of my 5200 games work on MESS. All my 7800 games work, however, and I have no problems using Stella and MAME.

It's a shame, too, as I'm interested in seeing how it plays. I don't have any homebrew games and am itching to get at least one for both the 2600 and 5200. That's why I was asking about independent reviews earlier. If I buy something, I want something I'm going to want to play.

Hehe...

Trust me..and the rest of us here....

"You're gonna wanna play Koffi: Yellow Kopter!"

And I am not just saying that because I am getting my copy for free. I was really bummed when I found out Koffi wasn't gonna be at CGE. When I heard it was...that was when I made the plans to actually attend. But then almost backed out when I heard it wasn't gonna be at the show. Then low and behold the Bezerk VE edition for the 2600 made me come out anyway.

I still need to check out Skeleton, too many people like it to dismiss it.

:)

Brian, it is a pain to initially setup Atari800win. But its worth it.

There is a thread or two in this forum that you can do a search on where somebody helped me set it up a year ago.

It boils down to this: you need to point to the correct 5200 bios and I believe it needs to be named "atari5200.bin", not "5200.bin" as it sometimes is on the net. Then you have to point to something like (ahem) "koffidemo.bin" and set the machine type for NTSC 5200. Keep messing with it.

• 2 weeks later...