IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I've been finding a few interesting knick-knacks here and there the past few weeks, including this:

post-6115-1138683281_thumb.jpg

1009984[/snapback]

I had a similar one back in the day, but it didn't have the orange plastic pop bumpers - they were just coil springs that flared at the top, and points scored by making contact between the spring and a metallic circle on the playfield. Worked OK for about a dozen plays, then ball and springs started getting dull and dark from the little bit of sparking, and the score almost never advanced. I think it eventually got trashed or sold to some other poor sucker at a yard sale.

Today, at a Goodwill in Irving, TX, I bought a Colecovision without a power supply for $7.99. I couldn't find any games for it, though. Passed on a bare SMS with Great Basketball in the cart slot, and a bare Genesis. I did however pick up one of those cheapo DVDs with a few episodes of "Rocky Jones, Space Ranger" on it, for 25¢. I had to get it, the Rocky Jones episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 are some of my favorites.

Today, at a Goodwill in Irving, TX, I bought a Colecovision without a power supply for $7.99. I couldn't find any games for it, though. Passed on a bare SMS with Great Basketball in the cart slot, and a bare Genesis. I did however pick up one of those cheapo DVDs with a few episodes of "Rocky Jones, Space Ranger" on it, for 25¢. I had to get it, the Rocky Jones episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 are some of my favorites.

1011072[/snapback]

Nice find on the CV!

I think they must put related things out at completely different times. I bought a game on Tuesday (1/31) from them, it was Cosmic Avenger for the CV for $0.59. Didn't see the CV out though, saw the Genny and passed, and again passed on the SMS. Why do they wan't $7.99 for the SMS? I also found a 5200 power supply for $1.99 that I bought, so I'm wondering if they've got a 5200 somewhere lurking in the back. :roll:

I've got today a videopac (odessey2) c7010 chess module, saved from been trown away for free.

Last things i bought were

a Sega Dreamcast with 4 games 2 controllers 1 rumblepack and 1 memorycard some 12 copied games for 50 euro.

The original game where:

Sonic Adventure

Star Wars episode 1 racer

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2

MSR

The following games i bougt 5 euro each:

Tokyo Highway Challenge,

Crazy Taxi

Sega Rally 2

Chuchu rocket

Ecoo the dolphin defender of the future

all for the Dreamcast

Virtual league baseball for virtual boy

Super Mario 64 for N64

Virtual Fighter 2 for Megadrive

Yesterday I found a third-party Famicom joystick, with D-15 connector. It was marked $3.99, but I got lucky and it was the half price color. (Savers likes to hide their color of the week, in contrast to Thrift Town who have big plastic signs made in the color of the week.)

It looks like #14 on the page below except it has an NTDEC logo (with the C being a Pac-Man) in the top left corner instead of Nintendo:

http://evg2000.com/html/Famicomhw.htm

It is also a bit brighter shade of blue. And the turbo knobs are flourescent orange. Really gaudy.

A bunch of loose Atari 2600 carts and 2 consoles (one with pair of joysticks) appeared at Bargain Town thrift shop today. Carts are $1.98 each - but I snagged all the HTF ones:

Donkey Kong Jr. (Coleco) - R4

Congo Bongo - R4

Frostbite - R4

Miner 2049er - R5

Tapper (standard case) - R6

Spy Hunter (grip case) - R6

Up 'n Down (standard case) - R7

These last 4 represent my best wild finds ever, and Up 'n Down is my first R7 :cool: - previous best find was a Frankenstein's Monster (R5) with almost no ink left on a 90% shredded label.

There are lots of more common carts and the 2 consoles left, but I'll wait a few weeks for them to drop to 75% off before I get any remaining good stuff. :)

Donkey Kong Jr., Miner 2049er, Tapper and Spy Hunter are now duped in my collection, so I'm making them available for trade or sale - see lists linked from my sig.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Reminds me of my best in the wild find, Sea Hawk and Ghost Manor with decent labels (no tears and little fading) for $3 together with 20 others R1 to R4.

I picked up a boxed Pokemon Red and a boxed Blue recently, plus I've gotten loose Yellow, Gold, and Silver, and all the labels are in excellent condition.

That's been from used game stores, but the boxed Red and Blue surprised me.

Oh, well, four more Gameboy titles and two more N64 titles remain for me to complete the Transfer Pak part of my collection. I still am missing Mickey's Speedway USA and Pokemon Crystal for the Gameboy Color, and I'm missing Mario Tennis and Mario Golf for both the CGB and N64.

I went today to a second hand shop. Normaly they don't have anything game related, but i keep going there just in case.

And today i has payed of i found:

1 Philips CDi 450 with the digital video cartridge, 1 controller and powersupply for €4,50

1 Philips videopac G7000 with Demon Attack, The mousing cat and chinese logic €4,-

1 Philips videopac G7000 with Super Bee, Electronic volleyball, Munckkin reissue, and NES with Super mario/duckhunt, without controller, and powersupply €4,-

Well, I picked up some common games for my 2600. I overspent, paid $2 each, but truthfully, it wasn't too different from buying for a buck a piece and then shipping from here or ebay, so I felt OK about it...

FLEA MARKET

Pacman (I didn't have a copy, sue me!)

Pacman Jr

Warlords

Yars Revenge

Pitfall

Dolphin

Popeye

Donkey Kong

Pheonix

Atlantis

Dig Dug

Pole Position

For the NES 3 for $10

Gradius

Life Force

Cobra Triangle

NES Advantage $5 (In good shape)

The other day I got box and instructions to Sonic the Hedgehog 1, and instructions to 2600 space invaders and GBA 007 Everything or Nothing.

I also found a Palm 100. I think its backup battery may be bad, and the touch screen doesn't want to align properly, so I have to set it a little bit off.

I also got a Ray-o-Vac 15 minute battery charger for $2. I already had one of them, so now it's worth trying to get a few more of that type of battery. (I have 6 of those batteries right now, and a bunch of regular NiMH too.)

Found 12 Philips Videopac games 50 eurocent each:

nr 1 Race, Spin-out, Cryptogram cardboard box

nr 2 American football

nr 6 Tenpin bowling, basketball cardboard box

nr 8 Baseball

nr 16 Marksman, Depth charge cardboard

nr 19 Catch the ball, Nought and crosses

nr 23 Las Vegas Gambling

nr 24 Flipper game

nr 25 Skiing

nr 26 Basket game

nr 31 Musican

nr 32 A labyrinth game, Supermind

Left behind just 2 games that i already owned.

Spent too much money today. I went to my favorite classic game shop looking for NES games. The owner asked if I was looking for anything, I said Milon's Secret Castle or Castlevania III. He knew he didn't have CVIII, but said to wait a sec. He brought out two giant boxes of the NES games that he hadn't had a chance to clean yet.

In there I found Kid Icarus, Bionic Commando, Milon's Secret Castle and Little Nemo. Milon and Nemo were only $3 and $4, Icarus was $12 and Bionic Commando was $9. I gave it some thought, and figured if I got them online cheaper, shipping would still put them up higher, so I grabbed all 4 games.

Then we spent $130 on Wiggles toys at KBToy Works. Tomorrow I get to put together a motorized Big Red Car!

Picked up two copies of FIFA for the XBOX360 at a goodwill.  Marked 17.99, they had the day's half price sticker color, so they were $9 each.  Immediately traded them in to a local store for $30 apiece. ;)

1014622[/snapback]

i think it's better if you tell what you traded them for, and then got $14 back on top of it. All in all, some good games that only cost you $4.31 all said and done.

Spent too much money today.  I went to my favorite classic game shop looking for NES games.  The owner asked if I was looking for anything, I said Milon's Secret Castle or Castlevania III.  He knew he didn't have CVIII, but said to wait a sec.  He brought out two giant boxes of the NES games that he hadn't had a chance to clean yet.

In there I found Kid Icarus, Bionic Commando, Milon's Secret Castle and Little Nemo.  Milon and Nemo were only $3 and $4, Icarus was $12 and Bionic Commando was $9.  I gave it some thought, and figured if I got them online cheaper, shipping would still put them up higher, so I grabbed all 4 games.

Then we spent $130 on Wiggles toys at KBToy Works.  Tomorrow I get to put together a motorized Big Red Car!

1017055[/snapback]

Nate, please tell me these were for your kids, right? I mean, I like the Wiggles a bit, certainly more than Barney and the Teletubbies and Boohbah, but not enough to be buying this stuff for anyone but them!

Then we spent $130 on Wiggles toys at KBToy Works.  Tomorrow I get to put together a motorized Big Red Car!

1017055[/snapback]

Nate, please tell me these were for your kids, right? I mean, I like the Wiggles a bit, certainly more than Barney and the Teletubbies and Boohbah, but not enough to be buying this stuff for anyone but them!

1017079[/snapback]

Yeah - Luke's really into the Wiggles and we figured we couldn't do much better than $90 for a motorized car for the summer. We then picked up some regular toys for him too...an expensive day as I bought a new computer desk later that night too...