IGNORED

Who wants to see my Octopussy??

moycon

Has anyone seen this game in action?

It has to be out there somewhere.

The picture in the PB catalog has got to be a mock-up, but I just read a magazine that has an actual photo of what appears to be the 2600 version of Octopussy being played. I'll have to find out where the game was shown, if it lists in the article. The graphics looked very sweet in the pic and looked very complete, (when comparing to the mock-shot in the catalog.)

This is one game I'd love to see surface.

@Moycon - I have a couple of PB catalogues that show the James Bond game originally advertised as 'Octopussy' but no screen shots. From this I had assumed that the released '007' game was one and the same just with a different title.

Then again, I have PB catalogues with box art for all of their other unreleased games. The Hulk & Sarlacc Pit, why couldn't these have been released?!?!?

Osmeroid, Yes your right the 007 game was released but no it wasn't the same game.

Octopussy was a coming soon game along with Lord Of The Rings. The action took place on a moving train.

http://www.atariage.com/catalog_page.html?...&currentPage=12

Here's the Mock shot from the catalog. I can post a picture of the actual game later when I get home if no-one else has by then.

I know - I've played the released James Bond game and IMHO its pretty crappy, although I've never read the manual so I could be missing out on something here. Moon Patrol is better, at least on StellaX it is.

James Bond was one of those games not released in PAL format - I think game companies liked to hook us in with those tantalising 'Coming Soon' adverts - pure bloody frustration! :mad:

oooo kewl! does the copy mention the game at all? the page whites out in the corner. Come to think of it, I think I saw this game at some show in New York as a kid. I went to many toy fairs and a few game shows (including the electronic fun with computers and games (magazine,) game show,) and pac-man day. Wish they had consumer video cameras back then, becuase I'm sure there was stuff I've witnessed with my own eyes and since long forgotten that is still unknown to this day... Every once in a while I'll see pictures like that one and remember seeing the game running, really bizzare.

if there is any copy in there relating to the game, maybe u could re-type it?

man wonder how many versions of that game they made before they decided not to release it...

Okay, someone ask the Blue Sky Rangers what info they have on it.

Did the BSR doany work on the Parker Brothers games?

Did the BSR do any work on the Parker Brothers games?

I wouldn't claim they did, but since they seem to be the definitive experts on all things Intellivision surely they'd know what existed and or how many revisions of it were out there; or so I'd think.

Notice too, that the ladders don't just have rungs floating in midair too..  They have narrow side rails.  Something I've never seen on the 2600...

While I agree that this mockup has the Inty written all over it, player or missile objects could be used for the siderails on the ladders. These can be as tall as needed.

I won a 5200 that is on it's way and it has James Bond 007 listed as one of the carts that is coming with it. So, if they possibly didn't release a 2600 Octopussy...Could this be what you're talking about or what?

All I know is that I'm getting the 5200 version of James Bond 007.

That screenshot has got to be for Intellivision. But I swear that there was an ad in Electronic Games magazine for the 2600 version of James Bond that took place on a train.

Of course I threw out my whole collection of Electronic Games years ago. :x Does anyone else still have them and could check on it? I seem to think it was on the back cover of one of the issues.