IGNORED

Who owns rare 5200 hardware?

dougy76

Curious about who owns rarer 5200 hardware. I'd consider the rarer items to be the Masterplay Interface, Wico stick, Wico Keypad, Competition Pro Stick, and especially the GIM Fire Command stick. I have never seen the GIM Fire Command stick before on Ebay or anywhere. Does anybody have that?

I think you'll find the Wico joysticks are not that rare, the keypads are though.  In the last six months I've bought one Wico on ebay and have found two others in the wild.  But that's all the semi-rare hardware I have :)

Funny, I've never found a Wico in 6 years of collecting. I've only found a Competition Pro.

I guess like carts certain items can be rarer or more common is some parts of the country. I've only been shopping for 5200 stuff in the last year and I've run into plenty of 5200 consoles, carts, and joysticks including the two Wicos. I'm in Tampa, FL btw.

I've never seen a GIM stick for the 5200 either. Also, I've seen rumor that GIM made a device similar to the Masterplay. I contacted them as they were based in NY and they claim that the sticks were indeed made so they're out there somewhere.

As for rare hardware, I have a StarCon Arcade controller for the 5200.

John

Curious about who owns rarer 5200 hardware. I'd consider the rarer items to be the Masterplay Interface, Wico stick, Wico Keypad, Competition Pro Stick, and especially the GIM Fire Command stick. I have never seen the GIM Fire Command stick before on Ebay or anywhere. Does anybody have that?

I have the following:

Boxed Masterplay w/ Instructions and Extra Fire Button

3 5200 WICOs

2 5200 WICO Keypads

1 5200 WICO Y cable

2 Comp Pro JOysticks

Set of 2 Control Guides w/ Instructions AND the extra clear protective discs

AND I do have a Fire Command 4 button joystick. However, this one has a standard 9 PIN connector, and I do not see any way for it to attach to the 5200 without a separate Y cable. I will say that it DOES work with my Colecovision (separate fire buttons work as expected in 2 button games) and this does work with the 5200 when hooked up to the Masterplay. Everything I've seen on the internet on this model for the 5200 is very fuzzy, so I really don't know exactly what the story is with it. But, it's still cool! :D

post-41-1045189935_thumb.jpg