IGNORED

Clean list of recommended traders !

CPUWIZ

Every single person I've dealt with here has been great! No problems with any one really. Here's who I remember (I've made other trades that I've forgotten when I 1st singed up here)

Dryfter - A bunch of INTV games :)

Christophero Sly - Some random games/controller :)

Jibbajaba - 7800 w/games :)

Zwackery - Bought about 80 Atari 2600 manuals, he forgot a few but promptly refunded me the couple bucks :)

Neotokesomethingorother - Dawn Of The Dead 2600 :) (Great package!)

Any one I forget, let me know and I'll add you!

• 3 weeks later...

I've done several trades and sales with various members here on AA and always had excellent results. So its difficult to have to make a post that a buying experience with an AA member is anything but good. But I feel I must post about a recent purchase I made from Kevin242:

1) Made a deal to buy Gex for the Sega Saturn from him and paid for it right away. The game wasn't shipped until 22 days after I sent payment, which I felt was much too long a delay in getting an item shipped.

2) Game was advertised as being in "Great Condition" but upon arrival the disk was very scratched. It also had several black marks on the silver media side of the disk that when you held it up to the light you could see right through the black marks. Disk would barely begin to load (up to the intro cut scene) then freeze and kick back to the Saturn menu screen. Tried it on two different Saturn systems and same results.

3) I wrote two PM's to Kevin242 regarding the problems with the disk, asking for a refund. He hasn't responsed to me at all even though he has been online numerous times and made several posts since I sent my PM's to him.

The money value is only $8 but there is a principle here. I lived up to my end of the bargain and sent payment right out, including an extra effort to send a postal money order that he requested. I've gotten a bad game and no effort to either replace it or refund my money, nor even the courtesy of a response to my PM's.

As I said, I hate to make my first post about a bad buying/trading experience but felt I had to leave "feedback" on the transaction. If Kevin242 makes good on Gex by either replacing it with a working disk or refunding my money, I'll post here that all ended well.

Mendon

Thumbs up to: kuifje76 for a great transaction!!!

Asterix and Obelix won on ebay arrived today in PRISTINE condition and a good packing job!

Thank you for the strobwafels!

Also.... Thank you to Wonder007 for your purchase of my multicart! A very nice person to deal with and great communication!

Have a great week everyone and a Happy and Safe New Year!!! :D

Edited by Road_runner

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to thank oceanfr for my a great deal...

I purchased King Kong for the PS2

I also want to thank mindfield for a great deal as well.

I purchased CrossForce for the 2600 in his Christmas Sale.

Thanks! and sorry for not letting you both know sooner as they arrived!

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought from

:thumbsup: atariauctions fast shipping. the cables worked great.

:thumbsup: bones cool guy, flexible, and good prices. packing was almost too good.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: classics ultra fast shipping, great packing

:thumbsup:Shawn Sr. fast shipping especially for Canada, good comunications.

:thumbsup:CPUWIZ fast shipping

:thumbsup:Curt Vendel 2 HSC and 1 nonworking 1 semi working. probably needs new SRAM.

:thumbsup:Atari Charles Slow shipping but was still making the cart so I understand. Must be patient.

:thumbsup:A.J Franzman only payment method was MO. packing was good. fast shipping.

:thumbsup:Nightsprinter Fast shipping. Patient on trade. Fast to fix miss cable before I got the package. He is a great trader.

Dusk2600 Packing worked, but was minimal. One disk did not work. Untested ~ Not working [update]I had to get the image of Ballblazer from Atarimania and wrote it on the disk. It does work now.

Edited by Almost Rice

Just completed my first Atariage trade transaction with skunkworx. Great trade, everything went very smoothly, the deal seemed very well balanced from my perspective, and I couldn't be happier.

Completed transaction with Ianoid. Shipping took awhile, but that is USPS, not his fault. Everything arrived, well packed, as described. I'm very happy.

I wanted to add... the two 5200 controllers were described as untested, and did not work on arrival, athough their exterior condition was superb... they even still had the protective plastic over the silver badge. Today I finally got around to cracking them open. As soon as I saw the flex circuit, my first thought was that the cords must be shot... because the Flex circuits looked *pristine*. After a very light cleaning (dragging the contacts across card-stock and rubbing the flex circuit (rev 7) with an eraser... they both work like brand new. I think I prefer them to my Best Electronics Gold Dot stick. Two thumbs up for this trade, just on the sticks alone.

I'm looking forward to making Atari trading through Atariage a regular part of my collecting, if everyone here is as easy to work with as these two.

So... just to make this cleaner... GREAT dealing with all of the following people, I'd highly recommend them.

:thumbsup: Skunkworx

:thumbsup: Ianoid

:thumbsup: Zach

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Classics (3rd transaction just finished, every bit as pleasant as the first two! Highly recommended).

:thumbsup: Chad Schell (fast shipping, high quality product, smooth business transaction).

:) MassChambers - Had a deal fall through, but it was VERY well handled. Bought a 600xl, paid via paypal. Today I got a refund. I left a message, and got a quick response that sounded totally legitimate. He handled it honestly, so I'd deal with him again in the future.

:thumbsup: - shawnb seems to be new around here, but is a GREAT guy to deal with. I'm very happy with our transaction!

:thumbsup: :D :D deathtrappomegranate - I'm not going to go into details... but this user is the bomb! My hero! It would be hard to have a better transaction than this one.

:thumbsup: Dojosky.

:thumbsup: 5-11under - traded a Dell laptop for a 5200 and Colecovision with video mods. Great packing, fast shipping on international order from Canada, and great communication.

Non-AA transactions:

:thumbsup: Best Electronics great service, good communication, decent prices, great inventory of Atari supplies and Equipment. Has a bit of an old-school electronics-engineer attitude... may come across as gruff, but is just honest and old fashioned about doing business.

:thumbsup: Vesalia Computers - Germany. Old school C=64, Amiga, and other stuff. Bought their USB Pro C-64 style USB joystick. Seems killer, so far. Even with international shipping, far less than the US alternative, which would be X-Arcade... and is a more traditional home game footprint, as opposed to a mini arcade control panel.

:thumbsdown: I've got a pending transaction that is turning sour. I'm trying to give the guy ever benefit of the doubt... don't want to name any names yet, and I'd much rather put another thumbsup on this list next to the guy's name. This deal keeps getting worse by the minute and I'm a HAIR away from negging the guy, at this point.

Edited by Paranoid

:thumbsup: CPUWIZ

:thumbsup: RangerG

:thumbsup: oseii

:thumbsup: smile_walle

:thumbsup: IceCold

:thumbsup: vespertillio

:thumbsup: Vectrex-Atari

:thumbsup: sku_u

:thumbsup: Keir

:thumbsup: Mitch

:thumbsup: Starscream

:thumbsup: Rick Weis

:thumbsup: burke_01

:thumbsup: dinovelvet

:thumbsup: Cafeman

:thumbsup: Rolenta

:thumbsup: Christophero Sly

:thumbsup: jetset516

:thumbsup: legeek

:thumbsup: Zloch

:thumbsup: Desolate One

:thumbsup: joserb

:thumbsup: bjk7382

:thumbsup: goatdan

:thumbsup: hhwolfman

:thumbsup: Mendon

:thumbsup: donkeykong1

:thumbsup: Kurushimi

:thumbsup: Skelix

:thumbsup: cschell

:thumbsup: pongbeat

:thumbsup: minorleagueguy

:thumbsup: classics

:thumbsup: NE146

:thumbsup: k8track

:thumbsup: therealred5

:thumbsup: FireTiger

:thumbsup: adams_ale

:thumbsup: AtariBuff

:thumbsup: walter_J64bit

:thumbsup: pmpddytim

:thumbsup: Rob Mitchell

:thumbsup: Vince4587

:thumbsup: gulag picture radio

:thumbsup: Zwackery

:thumbsup: Marc Oberhäuser

:thumbsup: l3ushwig

:thumbsup: tiggerthehun

:thumbsup: Joe Stella

:thumbsup: Dolt

:thumbsup: dgo

:thumbsup: Dutchman2000

:thumbsup: D.Yancey

:thumbsup: FABombjoy

:thumbsup: Lord Helmet

Non AtariAge deals:

:thumbsup: Kid Ice (DP)

:thumbsup: Dan Mazurowski

:thumbsup: JerryG

:thumbsup: Ianoid

:thumbsup: Craig Striven

:thumbsup: Sean Kelly (before he was abducted by aliens apparently)

:thumbsup: Christopher Tumber

:thumbsup: Larry Anderson, Jr

:thumbsup: Alex Herbert

:thumbsup: gavv (DP)

:thumbsup: Time (DP)

:thumbsup: y-bot (DP)

:thumbsup: Atar1G1rl (DP)

:thumbsup: World of Games (DP)

:thumbsup: DigitalPress (DP)

:thumbsup: Russ Perry Jr. (DP)

The following get the thumbs DOWN for various reasons specified:

:thumbsdown:  Non-AtariAge Tony Price (aka mfmurdock) Vectrex fiasco, nuff said

:thumbsdown:  The Young Game Collector - Accepted deal to purchase, then never followed thru on it

:thumbsdown:  General Atarian   Accepted deal to purchase, then found a "better" deal, backed out, better deal fell thru so reinitiated original deal, then found another "better" one and backed out again:roll:

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:  captainclouser (AKA jordonzane and kanezane and worldman2003 and perhaps others):dunce:  Don't even bother with this fool, he WILL rip you off!

246539[/snapback]

To that list I'd add a caution in dealing with Orphan Video Games. See my posting in this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
....I just completed a smooth transaction with JoeyBastard involving a 5200 trac-ball....the guy is good. Enjoy it.

minorleagueguy

1028278[/snapback]

Wish I had read this BEFORE I had finished burning my bridges with JoeyBastard. :D