IGNORED

2600 Kong or Kong Jr.?

Shawn

Atari 2600 Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Jr?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Atari 2600 Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Jr?

• Donkey Kong
    • Donkey Kong Jr.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's a close one. But I prefer Donkey Kong. It's not the best Donkey Kong port but had great replay value. Donkey Kong Jr. is a satisfying port, but it's too frustrating especially the level placing the keys to free Donkey Kong and the electric sparks are tough to avoid in Mario's hideout. So Donkey Kong is my choice.

Original DK the quarter eatter was the bomb learning tricks like bouncing off wall on top level. 2nd level tough with timing jumps to elevators. Loved the flames chasing on three and getting hammers when they climb ladders. 4th pie factory was the best as most average players couldn't get there especially on the second round very tough. But I prefered DK Jr the best. Climbing vines and dropping fruits on snap jaws. The super jump begining of level two a pain timing it sometimes. Dodging birds and eggs up top not so bad learning patterns of flight. I actually enjoyed the key level as it was a bit of a challenge had to move quick up top usually all snap jaws got around last key. 4th level with water & jumping sparks a little difficult especilly when 2nd or third round very fast. I forget what my top score on either game was but could eventually make a quarter last about 45 minutes to an hour of playtime.

Edited by DavidSeaman50@aol.com

I actually really like Donkey Kong on the 2600. The Jr version though is to me, unplayable. I hate having to play any game that must be pixel perfect to not get killed. The screen with the sparks where you have to make sure your freaking knee is pointing in the right direction - ugh. That game's a joystick tosser.

• Like 3

Original DK the quarter eatter was the bomb learning tricks like bouncing off wall on top level. 2nd level tough with timing jumps to elevators. Loved the flames chasing on three and getting hammers when they climb ladders. 4th pie factory was the best as most average players couldn't get there especially on the second round very tough. But I prefered DK Jr the best. Climbing vines and dropping fruits on snap jaws. The super jump begining of level two a pain timing it sometimes. Dodging birds and eggs up top not so bad learning patterns of flight. I actually enjoyed the key level as it was a bit of a challenge had to move quick up top usually all snap jaws got around last key. 4th level with water & jumping sparks a little difficult especilly when 2nd or third round very fast. I forget what my top score on either game was but could eventually make a quarter last about 45 minutes to an hour of playtime.

Off topic, but I see your supercharger. I have games 1-10. Escape from the Mindmaster is my favorite. Which is yours?

I really liked Rabbit Transit. Very cute with the multiplying rabbits. Little did I know that you could skip the silly "Bear went over the mountain" every time you passed a level. Simply push the red button. No not the RED button! I have no idea how many bunnie wabbits I eventually got up too, but it like five lines of 20 or more.

I really liked Rabbit Transit. Very cute with the multiplying rabbits. Little did I know that you could skip the silly "Bear went over the mountain" every time you passed a level. Simply push the red button. No not the RED button! I have no idea how many bunnie wabbits I eventually got up too, but it like five lines of 20 or more.

David, you might want to consider using a handle other than your email address just for the sake of privacy. That is unless you don't care about unsolicited emails. Welcome to the site, it's a great one you are sure to enjoy!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...