IGNORED

Thanks alot, chumps!

bloatedmonkey

Once again, a nice auction to bid on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9&category=3537

Of course, the usual folks wrote the guy and made him offers to end the auction early, so now he's decided not to sell (if he hasn't already sold it to one of you chumps). Why can't you guys leave things alone? What's the point of bidding on stuff when your meddling causes the auctions to just get pulled early? Have a conscience and let the open market get these poor saps the best price for their stuff instead of screwing them.

I don't believe for one minute that you would have paid $1500.00+ for this.

You're correct. The last Lochjaw I saw on ebay was bought by buyatari for $800, so I would have bid in that region and lost. (By the way, lots of peole around here thought he paid too much back then - who's laughing now?)

My point is that the only reason to make an offer to someone is if you think it will sell for more when you have to compete in an open auction. That only screws the seller who may not know how valuable his stuff is, and all the people who are playing by Ebay's rules.

OK, I'm cooled down now. I have to vent about this every once in a while. Here's the problem:

Every once in a while, I see a lot with something I don't have and I say "Hey, I'll watch that and see where it is on Tuesday, and if I can afford it, I'll bid on it." So Tuesday rolls around and it says "auction ended - all bids cancelled. Since I can't find out what it sold for, all I can do is get mad, since I never had a chance to find out if my bid was good enough.

In this case, I actually wrote this guy the following before the auction ended:

I'm interested in your atari lot. I expect that you will get some offers for it. Please don't accept any offers without giving me a chance. In any case, I recommend that you let the auction go to the end, as you will probably get the best deal.

I hate that I'm forced to do that. :x

[/i]

dont blame anyone else - blame the seller its their choice - you dont make friends with people calling them chumps

I don't have friends who use underhanded tactics to cheat people. The seller obviously didn't know how valuable his lot was. We do.

i dont know if ebay changed it, but maybe they did - but when someone ended an auction early they were allowed to post a reason why from selecting a reason from a list of choices. I recall one used to be "Seller has sold item to the highest bidder" or something worded like that

Call me crazy, but I cannot understand the logic in this.

People are willing to pay unbelievably big $$ to play what is essentially a very boring game that is easily available on an emulator ( that also won't be played ).

I just don't get it.

Waterworld = BIG bucks

Yars Revenge = ONE buck

I realize the whole "scarcity" thing, but theres a reason why these bombs are scarce.

Call me crazy, but I cannot understand the logic in this.

People are willing to pay unbelievably big $$ to play what is essentially a very boring game that is easily available on an emulator ( that also won't be played ).

I just don't get it.

$$ collecting has its price $$ :twisted:

doesnt matter how good or bad soemthing is to someone - its just if you are into heavy duting collecting for something youll pay top dollar to get what you want to feel complete

Hey, If a person ask me to end my auctions early. I say no. If someone else ends there auctions early. I dont think it is very smart. Because the seller allready knows he will get at least that amount. :D As far as the buyer. If you can do it more power too yah. If you are smart enough and can find away. You deserve it. I personaly would have gone around what CPU said. $700 and $800 but who knows during the heat of the battle. I do know that it went for over $1200 and I wouldnt have gone that high. The buyer that pulled it off, Didnt have to wait the 6 more days. I also know, I didnt get put through the hell of waiting 6 more days, not knowiing if I would win it. Who ever got it, I salute you. :ahoy:

The last Lochjaw I saw on ebay was bought by buyatari for $800, so I would have bid in that region and lost. (By the way, lots of peole around here thought he paid too much back then - who's laughing now?)

Me...I find the whole thing of collecting to be a riot :lol:

Not healthy, guys.

I don't get it.

Why spend elaborate amounts of cash on a single game?

I dunno. I can't recall spending more than $20 for one single game that I have gotten. Then again, I usually buy in lots.

Hey if you feel people are going to try to get the seller to sell early you had best beat them to it.

I compare it to a dance. 6 guys are eyeing up the hotest girl in the place. They know in a couple songs "Ladies choice" is coming up and they are all waiting nervously across the room. Well one guy doesn't wait and he asks her to meet behind the dumpster for some high school lovin right there and then and YES believe it or not she goes. Ladies choice comes along and she is now where to be found.

After the 5 guys find out what happened they kick their friends ass but he doesn't care. He came home with the prize.

Its in our human nature to try to get the seller to sell early or try whatever "tricks" as you call it along the way. As long as people are legal and do not decieve I have no problems with any of this. When it comes to rare games, its not who has the most money who gets it, its who wants it most.

Adam

Well one guy doesn't wait and he asks her to meet behind the dumpster for some high school lovin right there

...and if this girl happens to be your best friend's girlfriend? Just because something's legal and gets you want you want doesn't mean it's right.

Its in our human nature to try to get the seller to sell early or try whatever "tricks" as you call it along the way.

It's fine to debate what's "ethical". Maybe I'm just whining because I lost out. But I've loved the whole Ebay experience over the years because like all great sports, it's been up front and out in the open with clear defined rules. Without that, it's just not as much fun. That's just my opinion. Sorry if my rant offended.

Not offended at all. I like a good debate. As far as the "Best Fiends Girl Friend" If it was my best friend girl, I wouldnt touch her. No body knew this Seller. So this was fair Game. Just like in Football. The more you work out and the better strategy you have , more of a chance you win If you sit back and dont give it your all you will lose. On the other hand Ebay Rules are against this. So I can see your point. Like I said in my past Post, i was so glad that it ended, after I found out somebody paid more thant $1200 :)

Archived