IGNORED

Game Idea: Baby Pac-Man 2600

Elllleeott!

I do mean the strange pinball/videogame hybrid! That game was so cool...I would love to see someone find some way to do it for the 2600!

Sure the maze part is doable, but that just wouldnt be the same...I think it would be awesome if when you leave the screen, it changes to a pinball simulator!!

I mean, we've already got Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man Junior...all we need now is Baby Pac-Man, and Super Pac-Man!

...Professor PacMan, Pac&Pal, PacMan & Chomp Chomp, PacMania, PacMan2, Ghost Muncher, PacMan/Ms.PacMan Plus, NuPuck1, HanglyMan, etc.etc.

Don't forget Pac-Land.

Seriously though, I bet if nothing else someone could code a hack of one of the Pac-Man mazes and when you exit the bottom tunnel it bank-switches to Video Pinball.

That's a start, anyways.

Exactly! It would be a matter of hacking two seperate games and putting em together to form one beautiful creation! :D Obviously the artwork on the pinball portion would most likely be eliminated, but I think (from some the amazing things I have seen from the talented people of Atariage) the general mechanics of the pinball game could be simplified for the 2600. As for the maze part...i imagine a hack of Pac-Man Junior would suffice.

As a kid this game always intrigued me...(even though I was just barely tall enough to see over the edge of the pinball table)...after I saw it again at PhillyClassic 3, and was able to actually see what was going on, I began to wonder why this game was never translated to any home console. It just seems such a waste to allow something this cool to become forgotten history. So Im just wondering...from a homebrewers point of view, is it even possible to do this? Or is it just one of those things the VCS just isn't capable of?

So Im just wondering...from a homebrewers point of view, is it even possible to do this?  Or is it just one of those things the VCS just isn't capable of?

Hmmmm ... I wonder if PinMAME could pull this off?

• 1 month later...
Seriously though, I bet if nothing else someone could code a hack of one of the Pac-Man mazes and when you exit the bottom tunnel it bank-switches to Video Pinball.  

Or to Midnight Magic.Thatd be a sweet idea.Man I been on a Pac-Man trip lately ,but thatd be cool.Anyone tried it? ;)

Unfortunately, the 2600's hardware doesn't really lend itself to combining two different game kernals. You would almost be forced to play each segment as a seperate game as they are written...or make major changes to both so they could co-exist (and rather than try to reverse-engineer both games to do this, you might as well be coding it from scratch).

I'm no coder, but I was thinking much the same thing. Besides which I'm not even sure you could properly code in the ability to make the pinball board generate the energizers simply from hacking up Midnight Magic (I forget if it's points or skill based, but they aren't there if you don't kick butt on the table).