IGNORED

2600 vs 7800

MeandMyC64

Apparantly which model 7800 you have impacts what games are playable (check out this section of the Atari 7800 FAQ). But, then again, the impact seems to be contained to the handful of games that are mentioned in the FAQ.

I personally am keeping my six-switcher Atari 2600 because I know a few of the Activision games I have don't work on my 7800. But my main machine is my 7800 unless it's the rare occasion that I feel like getting frustrated by Space Shuttle (which rolls on my 7800). :)

Voch

Apparantly which model 7800 you have impacts what games are playable (check out this section of the Atari 7800 FAQ). But' date=' then again, the impact seems to be contained to the handful of games that are mentioned in the FAQ.[/quote']

Bah! I don’t think that this list is any more accurate than just randomly buying a 7800 and trying it out.

My 7800 has no expansion port but neither dose it have issue with any cart that I've thrown at it (aside from a Hozer "A Better Pac-Man" cart, but I think that's related to a bad fit rather than a compatibility issue). Plus, based upon messages that I've read on both this board and RGVC over the past few years, I personally think that there are more 7800s without the problem than ones with it.