IGNORED

holy sh.t i found my old babies...

Heaven/TQA

on the abbuc website i found my stuff coded back in 1991-1994...

look what kind of progress i made... :)

what do you think? i have included some nice "oldschool" german title demos, remembering CSS (chaos club chemnitz) with brilliant soundtracks... i love rotating logos...so easy with antic... ;)

as some of you come from atari ST you definitly see my influence at that time... all demos look some kind of STish... :)

have fun... timewarp...

demo6 is a nice parallax demo.... i drew the background!!! in rambrandt! unbelievable... and it has register changes in the foreground... seems i was more creative that times than nowadays... ;)

demo6 must be loaded via dos as the background image is being loaded by dos!!! (copy them into 1 directory and load them via DOS)

but unbelievable nice... :) so "atarish"... seems i loved rainbow colours as well... ;)

tell me what you think... maybe you have some old demos which you can share here as well? (yes...i want to see amidarius here once again... :D)

heaven/galtan 5/syntax/overlords/taquart

ps. my fave is titel44 (love the PM-scroller in front of the fire effect...)

abbuc.zip

schmutz:

i love your small game music intro... very stylish and very "atarish" with the colorful usage of DLIs... and of course i love the rob hubbard game musics.... but why have you included master of the lamps? an US game... unusual... normally you had this kind of "english" music discs only...

i can even remember the music kaleidoskop... :D time are changing and thank god for the internet... nearly 15 years and we meet now here on atariage... :D

hve

... but why have you included master of the lamps? an US game... unusual... normally you had this kind of "english" music discs only...

One reason is that I liked the music, the other that there was no other demo where I could listen to the master of the lamps music.

Btw. monster smash is also an US track.

i can even remember the music kaleidoskop... :D time are changing and thank god for the internet... nearly 15 years and we meet now here on atariage... :D

That's life :)

and btw... red moon music ??? is really wrong... it's peter finzel's schloss scheckenstein (or cavelord?)! (a brilliant two player game!!! have ever the US/english gus played this game? released by ariolasoft i guess...)  

It’s neither Schreckenstein nor Cavelord, but the music style is the same, I didn’t really remember where we ripped the music from.

Schreckenstein is a real fun game, one of the best 2 player games on A8.

Matthias

it was a kind of "lucasfilm" intro of the crackers? (the music?) wasn't it overlanders or something similar? and it was in schreckenstein...

just checked atari8bit-software.de and this version hasn't got an cracktro... it has the official (very stylish and very nice) ariolasoft intro...

it had some kind of 3d logo, the logo was built bypieces while the music played...

hmmm.... have to double check but i am 99% sure...

hve

ps. us guys... get the game and play it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I had read your earlier post...It was just the pain of actually getting it over to an Atari disk that was the problem...

Atari DOS (2.5) and emulators....frustating combination for this purpose...no good having H: drive mapped to hard drive, as you can't insert the H: disk to duplicate file...and can't use the copy to copy a file from one disk to another :x

Luckily APE maps to a "normal" D: drive though and let me Duplicate the files .

The intro is fine - but I wouldn't count one sprite moon overlaid as proper parallax though ;)

sheddy... ;) come on... isn't parallax not just by definition kind of scrolling and generating the feeling of depth? look at many games which are using "this little" technique? :D and this is what this little thingy does... ;)

- shadow of the beast (atari 8bit, ST+amiga)

- starray (ST)

- enchanted land

- etc...

hve

ps. why not just generating an ATR in D2 with atari800win's "new disc" command, format dos 2.5, write dos 25 on it ("H") and copy the files on the new image??? seems simpler than via APE... ;)

ps. why not just generating an ATR in D2 with atari800win's "new disc" command, format dos 2.5, write dos 25 on it ("H") and copy the files on the new image??? seems simpler than via APE... ;)

Maybe I'm just being stupid, or have just forgotten all about dos 2.5, but I couldn't get that to work whatever I tried! copy wouldn't work from one disk to another - only one file to another file name on same disk???

sheddy... ;) come on... isn't parallax not just by definition kind of scrolling and generating the feeling of depth? look at many games which are using "this little" technique? :D and this is what this little thingy does... ;)

- shadow of the beast (atari 8bit, ST+amiga)

- starray (ST)

- enchanted land

- etc...

hve  

I concede, that the definition of the word parallax as applied here doesn't necessarily imply "overlaid" graphics - It's just that we've come to expect it now :) (aren't we all spoilt these days!)

Maybe I'm just being stupid, or have just forgotten all about dos 2.5, but I couldn't get that to work whatever I tried! copy wouldn't work from one disk to another - only one file to another file name on same disk???

Hey Sheddy come on ;)

It´s very simple. You have to choose option "C" then you have to type "D1:filename.ext, D2:"

That´s all :roll:

Seems, that you´ll have to take some lessons on using a real ATARI and it´s dos this weekend ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Greetz, PP´s