IGNORED

macMAME

~llama

Assuming you downloaded a correct MAME Romset, simply take the .zip file (yes, the compressed version, trust me. :P ), make sure it is called by the name you downloaded it in (if it's called d3f3nd3r-r0x-j00-s0x.zip, then it probably won't work. :P In this case, it should be "defender.zip"), and place it in the "Roms" folder in the MacMAME folder. Now, quit MacMAME if it is open, then reopen it, and voila! Defender should show up in the Romlist, and you can now play it by selecting it and clicking the button. :D

Note: Alternatively, you can use the decompressed version with all the weird file names like "202-c2.bin", just name the folder by the ROM name. So, when "defender.zip" is decompressed, the folder should be named "defender", and placed in the Roms folder.

Hope this helped!

---------

Chase Hermsen

I find with a lot of the Williams arcade games including Defender, Joust, Robotron, etc. I have to go through the selftest once, then quit out of the game and it works the second time I load up the game. I think it must create a save file somewhere that stores rom settings.

it works :)

now i have more MAME issues... i've moved to my windows computer and installed MAME32 there... how do i configure my Logitech Wingman Extreme joystick in MAME32? there doesnt seem to be anywhere to map the joystick buttons :ponder:

i mean... it works but the way the keys are assigned makes Defender and Stargate very difficult, and as these are the only two romsets i have, mappable keys would be nice.

I just use the Defender I bought from Digital Eclipse years ago that's fully emulated. Even works on my 68030 powered Powerbook 180c. It came in a box shaped like the arcade cabinet, and shrinkwrapped with another emulated game, Joust. The double pack cost me $4.95. Can't beat that.