IGNORED

Load ROM files on a supercharger???

highinfidelity

Okay, prepare to classify this as the most stupid question ever :dunce:, but for some reason - snipping here and there on various threads - it seems to me to hear rumors of people who make use of the following process:

1) turn a ROM file into an audio signal.

2) record it on a Compact Cassette.

3) load it on the supercharger and play the game.

As this sounds like a dream, did I misunderstand or what??? :?

As this sounds like a dream, did I misunderstand or what???  :?

:idea: No, as long as the game is 4K or less and is either SC compatible (~33%) or the SC is modified to accept all games <= 4K.

And you don't even need a CC, you can load the file directly from your computer or any audio device (e.g. CD and Minidisc players).

:idea: No, as long as the game is 4K or less and is either SC compatible (~33%) or the SC is modified to accept all games <= 4K.

Last time I checked the supercharger was 6k. I don't think there are many rom files larger than 4k. but sometimes you can use that little extra room to run anything up to 6k.

Last time I checked the supercharger was 6k. I don't think there are many rom files larger than 4k. but sometimes you can use that little extra room to run anything up to 6k.

But there aren't any games between 4k and 6k (sizes are always 2^n k), so 4k is the effective limit

So would there be any easy way to add anohter 2k memory bank into it?

No and even if you could, the SC couldn't handle F8 bankswitching, besides that I don't think all the 8K ROM's use F8 anyway.

I didn't think so, I am no programmer. I guess I am just waiting for the CC2 now :ponder:

No and even if you could, the SC couldn't handle F8 bankswitching, besides that I don't think all the 8K ROM's use F8 anyway.

Yup, Parker Brothers and Tigervision (and Activision) developed their own 8K bankswitching and even no current hardware except the CC supports them.

CC2...

CC2...

CC2...

CC2...

CC2...

Shan't be long long now....

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  

You guys are gonna  :love: LOVE  :love: this thing.  PLUG PLUG PLUG.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but it relates right?

Buck

If you look up in the thread a little bit, you would see that I already mentioned it ;)

CC2...

CC2...

CC2...

CC2...

CC2...

Shan't be long long now....

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  

You guys are gonna  :love: LOVE  :love: this thing.  PLUG PLUG PLUG.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but it relates right?

Buck

If you look up in the thread a little bit, you would see that I already mentioned it ;)

Yep, I saw that. I'm one of the beta testers on this little beauty. I'm getting a little fanatical about it. :grin: I just want people to know how great this product is. Chad probably is going to do a limited run on these. So whoever orders it, gets it. If you ya snooze ya lose. Kinda like on CC1 and The Intellicart. I would give my left eye for an Intellicart, but Chad is not producing them any longer. In other words When the CC2 comes out - Get 'em while they're hot!! :) I would hate for anyone who really wants one to be outta luck.

And that will be the end of todays CC2 plug. Sorry about that.... :)

Buck

Yep, I saw that.  I'm one of the beta testers on this little beauty.  I'm getting a little fanatical about it.   :grin: I just want people to know how great this product is.  Chad probably is going to do a limited run on these.  So whoever orders it, gets it.  If you ya snooze ya lose.  Kinda like on CC1 and The Intellicart.  I would give my left eye for an Intellicart, but Chad is not producing them any longer.  In other words When the CC2 comes out - Get 'em while they're hot!!    :) I would hate for anyone who really wants one to be outta luck.  

And that will be the end of todays CC2 plug.  Sorry about that....  :)  

Buck

Yeah, I plan on getting one as soon as they are available. No problem with the plug. :)

A company in brazil modified the Supercharger design in order to be able to load 8K games.

Technical info on this thing is pretty sketchy, but I guess you could consider it a prototypical Cuttle Cart.

Got any more info on that ? Company name or anything ? :)

I'm one of the beta testers on this little beauty.  I'm getting a little fanatical about it.   :grin: I just want people to know how great this product is.

Agreed! The CC2 is amazing! It runs all the 2600 / 7800 games (including the 2600 Supercharger games) and can display all the manuals in ASCII text form. I too am a beta tester .. and because the CC2 works so well .. I sold my CC1 because I was not using it anymore!

NOTE: The CC2 ONLY works on the Atari 7800 console --- NOT the 2600 console.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA