IGNORED

Dodge Em Ends?

StanJr

I just played Dodge Em.  I was getting rather good once I learned the patterns, and the score hit 974 and the game ended.  It just went back to attract mode???

What gives?  The game just ends?  No score rolling, no nothing?  Eh? :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?

No, when the game ends, you get a kiss from your favorite gal... Isn't that reward enough?

No, when the game ends, you get a kiss from your favorite gal... Isn't that reward enough?

Yes, but you live in N. Indiana, how are you supposed to kiss me from there.

:ponder: :ponder:

I was playing game variation 1, just for the record. :)

Touche... You got me there... I don't even have a comeback for that one.

Stan:

Dodge 'Em has a finite score potential of 1,080 and yes, the game just ends. There are currently 6 gamers in the TG database who have accomplished this (with sufficient proof). I'm sure MANY more have done so and just submitted a score.

Here the link:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/cgi-perl/searc...latformSelect=5

thanks for the info! I was wondering what the ceiling was for the game.

Dodge Em is a really nice little game, but once you learn the patterns, its just a tad bit easy. It took me about 15 minutes of serious, non-stop playing to learn the patterns then it was cake.

The deal is that after 5 levels, a reserve car is automatically subtracted. Since you begin with 3 cars, that makes 15 levels. The value 15 translates nicely into a 6502 nybble ($0F)...so perhaps the other half of that byte is used for something else (like # of cars)?

Anyone hack the game to allow infinite cars? Say by removing the instruction that subtracts one? I wonder if the game would still end.