IGNORED

VideoBrain system

5-11under

Anyone have any information on the VideoBrain system. It'd be cool to burn some ROMs and play some new games on this puppy.

BTW, this is a system from about 1975. I bought one a few years later from the C.O.M.B. Company which did a lot of advertising in Popular Science and magazines like that. It's got an awesome Othello game (Reversi).

Thanks,

5-11under

I'm probably your best source for VB information here. I started researching the system two years ago, but I couldn't find much. I have all of the released cartridges (that we know of), including the rare Time Share cart (for time share mainframe systems). I actually wrote up a section on it for the Digital Press guide, but that fell through...

I'll post what I know about the system tonight. It's a really neat (and obscure) little computer. I just wish I had a working one, mine died on me and I haven't been able to get a replacement.

Tempest

Tempest, that sucks that yours doesn't work. I've got about 7 cartridges, but unfortunately haven't played it in a while. Gladiator/Football was good for some fun times, Wonderword (sp?) was fun, and Reversi of course. I also had Keyboard (sp?) and a few more which I can't remember at the moment.

I look forward to hearing more,

5-11under

Thanks for the PM, Tempest.

Here's the list of released cartridges, all from 1977 and 1978:

Blackjack

Checkers

The Financier/Money Minder

Gladiator

Lemonade Stand

Math Tutor 1

Music Teacher 1

Pinball

The Programmable

Tennis

Timeshare

Vice Versa

Video Artist

Wordwise 1

Wordwise 2

If anyone has any other information, or any ROMs, please respond. I'd love to make a multi-cart for this system.

Thanks,

5-11under

Here's the list of released cartridges, all from 1977 and 1978:

The Programmable

Just so you know, I haven't ever seen The Programmable cartridge in person, but I've seen enough evidence that it was at least made into a prototype (I've also seen picture of an actual cartridge in an ad).

Tempest

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

We've got just about all the bugs out the the Fairchild Channel F emulator in MESS, which uses the same processor as the Videobrain. I'm wondering if there is enough info and data around to emulate the Videobrain.

For the Channel F, dumping the cartridges was not easy, but it should almost the exact same procedure for the Videobrain.