IGNORED

Scrolling MCS: Update v.0.2

analmux

I've updated the scrolling MCS demo.

When you run the demo you can press HELP. (I think it's the first time this key is used for it's purpose :) ) A Helpscreen will apear, on which I explained what key does what. Type HELP again to return to the playfield.

(This is also on the Helpscreen):

press 1 to toggle playfield gfx on/off

press 2 to switch gprior from 0 to 1 to 4 (and over again)

press 3 to toggle PM masks on/off (for the sidebands: left/right)

there's a bootable ATR image in main.zip

I hope this will give an insight of the used techniques.

(Source code from XASM included in source.zip)

ANALogue MUltipleXer

Aha...that answers one tricky question.

Nice demo!

Oh yeah?? I couldn't imagine what the question is. It's just a normal name :ponder:

--------------

I've got another update ready: version 0.3

It has a 4th option:

type 4 to toggle PMG on/off

Oh, and I just discovered that the HELP key doesn't work under emulated atari 400/800. (possibly not on the real machine either), so that must be the reason that the HELP key isn't used much in software.

I've not been clear about my projects, I'm working on several projects:

(1)

I've made the scrolling MCS demo, just to show the technique, no other program will be made from that (works with 48kb a8bits)

(2)

The Super Mario Bros clone. I'm working on it since 1995. Working on the playing routine now. Playable betaversion soon available. (works on 64kb 800xl and floppydrive). 48 levels

(3)

The second Super Mario Bros clone (not mentioned before), has slight differences from project (2), but is based on the same engine, and uses more software tricks to enhance quality. One ultrabig level of 1000 screens (to be designed).

(4)

The SMARTFONT demo: To show how to integrate scrolling MCS, softwaresprites and parallax scrolling into one. It will contain a demolevel from project (5), and uses emkays Nazgul music.

(5)

The GRAVITON game for the flashcart (1mbyte). Contains 48 huge (turrican alike) levels with scrolling MCS, softwaresprites and parallax scrolling. Not to be mistaken with (2). This is the final project.