IGNORED

Controller rarity guide [BACK ONLINE !]

sku_u

A few of us over at gamerzuniverse are attempting to compile an accurate rarity guide for VCS and VCS compatable controllers. Please feel free to post your comments here or on the gamerz universe forums. Here's a direct link to what we have currently:

http://www.gamerzuniverse.net/base/Atarijoysticks.htm

The rarities currently listed are very rough at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John M.

A few of us over at gamerzuniverse are attempting to compile an accurate rarity guide for VCS and VCS compatable controllers.  Please feel free to post your comments here or on the gamerz universe forums.  Here's a direct link to what we have currently:

The rarities currently listed are very rough at this point.  Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John M.

SpaceAge = 2 ? :o

No way in hell, I've seen about 20 times as many Track & Field controllers. There is also quite a few missing.

*waits for MrRetroGamer*

I never see anyone talk about a 2600 joystick which was made by Fairchild. It was a clone of their Channel F controller, but it had a second fire button which provided "half-speed movement." It gave you slower speed by electronically flicking the joystick left and right. So guess what that meant when you plugged in a certain Activision game?

I saw it in a store at the time and was told it was being snapped up by Decathlon fans. I haven't found anyone else who remembers it or has one, though you can see the pics in old issues of Electronic Games.

It's great to see a project like this started! :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll tire quickly of rarity suggestions, but unless I live in a Wico saturated area, the bat-handle command control might not warrant a 5. I've got 4 and have passed on a few others, which is more than I've seen of a lot of the other controllers.

By the way, if you're interested in photo contributions or scans I'd be glad to help fill in any gaps I could.

Great to see this. Altho I agree the rarity guide itself might have to be fine tuned. I to have about 4 or 5 Wico bats, don't even know where I got em all.

Awesome start though!!!

Here's one to add. I'd give it a 10 and state that its worth $1,000

Thanks.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13049

I never see anyone talk about a 2600 joystick which was made by Fairchild.  It was a clone of their Channel F controller, but it had a second fire button which provided "half-speed movement."  It gave you slower speed by electronically flicking the joystick left and right.  So guess what that meant when you plugged in a certain Activision game?

I saw it in a store at the time and was told it was being snapped up by Decathlon fans.  I haven't found anyone else who remembers it or has one, though you can see the pics in old issues of Electronic Games.

Is it either one of these two that I have?:D

post-41-1077207708_thumb.jpg

post-41-1077207709_thumb.jpg

So no one has heard of that Fairchild stick? That means it would be worth a fortune today.

I have several of the Fairchild type 2600 sticks. Some have an extra button on the handle, some you have the depress the top part to fire. None of them look like the two pictured above though.

I will take pictures of mine soon hopefully!

Since the first post, there have been a lot of images and controllers added to the existing database. If any of you have any other controllers not already listed that you'd like to contribute, please feel free to drop either gamerz or myself a PM.

We're also working on the rarity for these controllers. Any addtional input would be great!

Thanks to all who have donated images :D

Wow. The Rarity guide has grown in size since the last time I checked it.

Are those all 2600 controllers and compatible? Or are they 5200 controllers and 7800 controllers as well? If 2600 only, do you plan to add 5200 controllers too? How about the Redemption controllers as well?

What about controller hacks like bjk's NES to 2600 controller conversion?

Sounds great, gamerz!

It's nice to be part of something that AA hadn't thought of yet...LOL

I found the bulk of my controllers at a flea market last summer and at a goodwill. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more controllers.

I thought the Hotshot by Beeshu was NES only? I happen to have a NES version of this same controller because the connecting pins do not match up with those of a 2600..they're NES and Master System orientated actually.