IGNORED

4pac survey

Heaven/TQA

ok guys... finally i sorted little bit my private life (loosing job isn't fun...) i need as producer your suggestion & comments.

my fave musician xray composed 3 tracks for 4pac but i am not sure which one i should use at level 1 & main menue... the music is composed in MPT and in 3 channels only so one channel is left for "bang bang bang bang" sound of pac eating pills...

just tell me what do you think... (one track isn't included as i reserved that for "game over" and "high score" table...)

and as you can see...after months of not touching 4pac code i restarted to play around... ;) btw. tomorrow i get my new registration number for my car where the last 4 digits are...guess what "6502" 8)

pac.zip

well...thelen designed several mazes for 4pac and xray made several level tunes...so it's planned to included more music but as it stands now it has

1. title tune (your fave, tune_b)

2. ingame (tune_b,tune_a or tune_c)

3. game over / highscore tune (not published yet)

it is planned to run on 400/800 for 4 player realtime support and for multijoy interface on XL/XE models. the interesting part will be the "playing over the net" with atari800win emulator but i haven't tested that yet in general.

status 29th feb 04

i implemented a nice generic joystick read routine to move pacman around in the maze... at the moment i am stucked with the boundary check in the maze as pacman is just allowed to run in the maze and has to stop before walls... this is not an easy task but managable... i have a running version but it need some tuning...

maybe for newbies here... i'll found this a nice approach to handle movement

; lookup table for joystick and move
; n = 14
; ne = 6
; e = 7
; se = 5
; s = 13
; sw = 9
; w = 11
; nw = 10
; center = 15

pm_movex dta 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,-1,0,0,0,0

pm_movey dta 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,-1,0

pm_direct dta 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

pm_checkx dta 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,4,0,0,0,-4,0,0,0,0

pm_checky dta 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,12,-12,0

as you can see now you can easily move around sprites without using tons of CMPs for the joystick directions...

f.e.

ldx stick0; 632

lda xpos ;player0 hpos

clc

adc pm_movex,x

sta xpos

sta hposp0

lda ypos

clc

adc pm_movey,x

sta ypos

jsr setpm ;copy pm data into player0