IGNORED

River Patrol sticker remove? Do or not to do?

Trade-N-Games

Ok got my game in the mail today. I knew it had the sticker on it when i bid. A few of the other games i won in the auction also had stickers on them and i used them to practice and results were so so. I tried heat and goo gone and it kinda worked. I tried to heat the sticker up and remove but it started to tear apart in little pieces on river patrol so i stopped.

My big question is does anyone have any ideas that work for sure?

Also i can remove it but it might damage the box a little. If it was yours would you rather have a damage spot or the original sticker from where it was sold?

Thanks Jason

post-1807-1077925317_thumb.jpg

Couldn't they of saved you the worries 20 years ago if they'd just covered over that Mick Jagger dude in the corner instead?! :P

Heat gun really didn't work? :?

I'd leave it if I didn't feel confident I could remove without ripping something. It is original now, from clearance bins, even thou it's somewhat sucky, still better than having a have ripped box cuz you made it worse, you'd be kicking yourself for years if that happens..

Could always buy another, :ponder: ;)

First off, that box is in very nice shape. Congrats on that score!

On to the sticker problem. If you're seeing damage to the box as your removing, it's better to leave the stickers on.

Even if you do remove the label, there's a chance that the box that wasn't covered by the sticker has faded over the years, meaning if you do remove the sticker, you'll see a darker label than the rest of the box.

I DID IT :D

It came out very good considering it took about 2 hours of picking at it. I used a little safety solvent with a qtip and them a little heat and then picked it with my finger nail. A little of the raised red letters red foil came off in spots. If your looking at it you can only tell a little bit :cool:

Im much more happy now with it.

I need a inside tray for it now it was missing that part. What color was the holder tray for the cart? Anyone have a spare tigervision tray for trade?

Thanks

post-1807-1077941101_thumb.jpg

I DID IT  :D  

It came out very good considering it took about 2 hours of picking at it. I used a little safety solvent with a qtip and them a little heat and then picked it with my finger nail. A little of the raised red letters red foil came off in spots. If your looking at it you can only tell a little bit :cool:  

Im much more happy now with it.  

I need a inside tray for it now it was missing that part. What color was the holder tray for the cart? Anyone have a spare tigervision tray for trade?

Thanks

Congratuations!!! Ok you said want to know what color was the holder tray for the cart, the answer is black holder.