IGNORED

Is Sean Kelly Alive?

madmartian

I have been unable to get hold of Sean Kelly. I paid for a cartridge LAST MAY and finally got it after almost 5 months and posting on this forum. Unfortuantely, I got a defective cartridge and verified this with someone he knows locally (the folks at Ground Control). He has ignored any emails I sent since late October when he asked me to verify it on another machine, which I did and wrote him in early December and again each month since. Has Sean Kelly "gone bad"? Did he change his email address? What's up with this guy?

Unfortunately yes. You ONLY had to wait 5 months! That's a quick turn around time for him. He'll gladly sit on your money for longer than that without letting you know what's up with your order. Don't bother posting on DP about it. It's run by his butt-buddy and populated with pathetic SK sycophants. REMEMBER: he does sooo much for the "community" and he does it all as a favor to you :roll: He'll be the first to remind you.

Unfortunately yes. You ONLY had to wait 5 months! That's a quick turn around time for him. He'll gladly sit on your money for longer than that without letting you know what's up with your order. Don't bother posting on DP about it. It's run by his butt-buddy and populated with pathetic SK sycophants. REMEMBER: he does sooo much for the "community" and he does it all as a favor to you :roll: He'll be the first to remind you.

This SK sounds like a real piece of work. I regretted not having bought a multi-cart from him - unitl now.

The Sean kelly 5200 multicart was one of the best things out there back in the day (I love mine), but since he doesn't appear to be selling them anymore I don't see why someone else can't make an even better version. Mine uses dipswitches which really suck, and has a few problems (Pengo never works for instance).

Someone should make a nice menu driven "end all" 5200 multicart. A Cuttle cart type device would be even better since I'd like to add my prototypes to it as I get them.

Tempest

The Sean kelly 5200 multicart was one of the best things out there back in the day (I love mine), but since he doesn't appear to be selling them anymore I don't see why someone else can't make an even better version.  Mine uses dipswitches which really suck, and has a few problems (Pengo never works for instance).  

Someone should make a nice menu driven "end all" 5200 multicart.  A Cuttle cart type device would be even better since I'd like to add my prototypes to it as I get them.

Tempest

Check out Jetset's signature and:

http://www.vgwiz.com/products-hw.html#a52MC

There's your 5200 CuttleCart :P

Check out Jetset's signature and:

http://www.vgwiz.com/products-hw.html#a52MC

There's your 5200 CuttleCart  :P

Exactly right. I have one and it's awesome. Every game works including Super Pacman, Pitfall2, and Monutain King. The exception being Bounty Bob Strikes Back.

They also include the bin for Castle Blast with it, so if you haven't purchased it you can try it out.

It really works great, I highly reccomend one!

The Sean kelly 5200 multicart was one of the best things out there back in the day (I love mine), but since he doesn't appear to be selling them anymore I don't see why someone else can't make an even better version.  Mine uses dipswitches which really suck, and has a few problems (Pengo never works for instance).  

Someone should make a nice menu driven "end all" 5200 multicart.  A Cuttle cart type device would be even better since I'd like to add my prototypes to it as I get them.

Tempest

Sean's later multicarts were menu driven. I still have one although I've been thinking about selling. Are the multicarts made by classics menu or dip switch driven?

These 5200 Multicarts from Steve Tucker look great, I plan to bid on one:

http://www.bidiots.com/detail.asp?id=1223

Nice menu'ing system and it has a lot of converted games too that none of the older carts had.

Curt

So wait....

atarimax on the above auction, Steve Tucker and Classics are all the same person right?

Nice menu'ing system and it has a lot of converted games too that none of the older carts had.

Yes, but you can't add any games. With a Cuttle Cart you can add games.

Tempest

Curt

So wait....

atarimax on the above auction, Steve Tucker and Classics are all the same person right?

Yes all the same person.

And sku_u I think your 5200 multicart would still hold some value on eBay, I sold mine for $300 on there, paid $125 for it, the market is still strong but you have to be careful how you list it because it can get pulled. PM me for some strategy if you like :)

Steve Tucker really seems to have picked up the ball and scored

several touchdowns with all the added XE conversions. Once I make

it through this little dry spell I've been having cash wise I will buy one

this summer.

Given all the recent complaints about SK's multicart failing we are blessed

with Steve's effort. Seems that SK is a big asshole. Five months is

really brutal. No is that busy or important to excuse such delays. The only

excuse would be personal medical (or mental) problems. If you can't

come through in a reasonable amount of time then its called 'refund'!

Or mail fraud.

But a 5200 cuttle cart would be really great that other device is cool

but very expensive for the non-developer. There is really an ocean

of 5200 possibilities with all the XE games that could be ported and

cool new protos like Blaster turn up often enough.

• 4 months later...

I would really like to close this issue, but Sean either continues to ignore my emails or has changed his email address. Does anyone have ANY contact info on Sean Kelly? Address? City? Phone number? New email? I am certainly not going to throw away $125. I'm about ready to file criminal fraud charges, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in case he changed his email address and isn't really ignoring me.

Thanks,

-Mike

Have you complained on the Digital Press boards? He seems to be more

connected with those guys. Also since he has a game store you could

probably get his phone number with a search or two on the message

boards. Of course if you do that then you will come across another thread

about how angry he was that someone called him up to ask about

Vectrex multicarts.