IGNORED

Bottomless Pit...fall

Nukey Shay

I really like this hack. And especially the color shading is a nice eye candy (though the timing is sometimes a bit off, maybe you can fix that). Though I don't like dying from the logs, maybe just increase the score penalty there.

Some ideas:

- higher bouncing (single) logs, so you have to time your jumps

- flying objects?

- try to use a 2 byte random number generator, this would allow more than 65000 screens before the pattern repeats

Yes, now the problem is gone. :thumbsup:

How about different colors for the "horizon"? E.g. extend the grass about 1/3 of the vertical available space, then some water and then start the sky (and replace the grey sky color with some blue too).

This should add some extra "depth" to the picture.

• 9 months later...

Alterations (now that I'm looking at it :lol:)

The game is pretty difficult, so to make things a bit easier:

I adjusted the refill routine to happen as quadrants (as a group of 8 treasures are cleared, the 8 furthest from you are put back to be discovered again). That seems to work much better than in one go after finding ALL of them...so you don't need to worry as much about missing a few along the way.

The logs do 1/4 the amount of damage to you than before. Those first aid kits are just too damn far apart!!

The game allows you to begin with 5 lives or 3 lives...selectable using the left difficulty switch.

bottomless_pitfall.zip

That one didn't work right (nothing would be put back) :x

Second attempt:

As a group of one type of treasure is cleared, another type is replaced (getting all silver idols will replace all of the diamond rings, for example).

This correction ran short of memory when trying to keep it Supercharger-compatable, so I robbed a few bytes. This causes a small glitch in the lower logo.

To differentiate this hack from the "official" one, I changed the text color.

bottomless_pitfall.zip

Another update...

I fixed the glitched logo. Also, when beginning with 5 lives, the score will begin at 500 (so there's no sudden death if no treasure is collected and you bump into a log after 3 lives had been killed off).

In addition, I added another skill level, the right difficulty switch will control how much damage the logs do (A=expert players!).

bottomless_pitfall_.zip