IGNORED

New A7800 bios

xulchris

Huh?

BTW, the other day I typed in the scanned 7800 listing from GCC. Aside from the stack label apparently not being defined anywhere, and a few tweaks (changing H( to >(, L( to <(, and FATAL$ to FATAL_), I got it to assemble. (I even found a bug in my assembler because of it.) I haven't had a chance to verify its output against the real thing yet. There's also parts where I put ~~~~~ into the comments because the original was too dark to read from a bad photocopy.

I plan to as soon as I catch up on some other stuff I've been doing lately. Stuff like major work on my assembler, porting my old disassemblers from Turbo Pascal, recovering 3 megs of ancient AOL e-mail from their proprietary format (of which the Mac version hadn't been documented), and trying to finish my ColecoVision controller tester (which was really helpful when fixing my Roller Controller!) into a cartridge version. I'll work verifying the output against a real 7800 ROM image into there somewhere.

Besides, if someone has a more readable version, maybe they can fil~~~~~~he blanks in the comments.

Seems the BIOS that everyone has now is a bad dump.  Heads up on the new BIOS which you can download from http://www.atari7800.org/emulation.htm

This is pretty interesting. I compared the two BIOS's and the only difference is the last two bytes which are the IRQ (interrupt) vector. I then remebered that when I first started working on a 7800 emulator there was a BIOS ROM that was missing the last byte or two. Someone made a guess as to what the last two bytes should be, it may have actually been me, but I can't remeber!

The new BIOS matches the GCC BIOS disassembly, so it is definitly the correct one.

Dan

Unfortunately, I think the version that's at the Atari museum is the only known copy at present. :( Maybe another copy will turn up though.

Interesting story Dan, I was wondering how the original BIOS dump got "corrupted". :)

Mitch