IGNORED

Unknown Atari 2600 racing game proto!?

Thomas Jentzsch

Yeah I've been looking at those pics again. The low res background really does look like the Turbo 'Prototype'. The graphics seem a little too good for a 2600 game (although I'm not sure if they're impossible).

Another thing that bothers me is the seller says this came from a Universal programmer. Universal didn't program games for home systems, theylicensed their games out to Coleco. It just doesn't make any sense. Normally I'd scream Hoax, but the seller has a 400+ feedback rating. I don't know what to make of this one, but I'd be careful.

Tempest

Another thing that bothers me is the seller says this came from a Universal programmer.  Universal didn't program games for home systems, theylicensed their games out to Coleco.

He only says he got it from an Universal programmer. That doesn't mean that it's an Universal release though. Maybe the guy worked on that before (or after) working at Universal (i know, a little far fetched, but still a possible scenario)

We have done extensive research on the Internet and with some experts on rare 2600 Games and None of them or the Atari 2600 Collector sites like Atariage have ever heard of this Prototype Game, have it listed or Screen shots of it

Maybe you should try to find out which 'experts' this guy talked to. Maybe they can tell us more about this.

Cheers,

Raymond

Yeah I've been looking at those pics again. The low res background really does look like the Turbo 'Prototype'. The graphics seem

Yes, this appears to be a 2600 version of Turbo.

Maybe is true. In 80's here in Brazil, the Dynacom company (the same company that release the portable 2600 called Megaboy) announced this game in your catalog. But I never see one im my hands.

[]'s

Eduardo Luccas

Sao Paulo - Brazil

Isn't the seller Best Electronics?

Huh. I didn't notice that name. Could be, but I would think Best would have a higher ebay feedback than me. Could be a similar sounding name. Anyone know?

Tempest

Not if it's a purchasing account which, judging by the feedback is exactly what this account primarily is.

4 digits on each side?

That bothers me too. But maybe we can find known other games which use a simlar score layout.

I wish we had a screenshot with different digits.

An unjagged road with stripes and a vertical line?

I don't see a problem here.

BTW: Actually there are little jags which correspond perfectly with the missing HMOVE blanks. So if it is a fake, the author knows quite a bit about programming.

Hmm...

Yup! :)

Looks like the prototype Bushie dumped last April 1.

There is quite a difference.

I my Turbo fake, the moving part of the buildings vertically overlapped with the cars. Here there is a vertical separation noticable (scrolls probably only above the cars area) and the street borders are smooth.