IGNORED

New ColecoVision shooting game...

opcode

I am an old school shooting game fan, no doubt. Now that Sky Jaguar was released and when I get bored of working in PMC, I just switch to Knightmare, my latest MSX port. Never heard of Knightmare? That's ok cause it is another obscure Konami arcade game:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...r=&game_id=8331

I was fortunate enough to play Knightmare in arcades, but then I have already enjoyed it for years in my MSX. In fact Knightmare was so sucessful in the MSX that two sequels were released.

Well, Knightmare isn't another me too generic shooter. In this game you are the brave knight Popolon in your quest to free Aphrodite who was captured by Hudnos, the king of demons. It isn't going to be easy task, since you will need to go thru 8 different stages till reach the top of mount Atos (the game has lots of mythologic references), each stage with a demon boss and dozen of different enemies. To help you there are magic spheres send by the Greek gods, which can give you better weapons (5 different with 2 levels each) and magic powers (4 different). Add to the mix a catchy soundtrack that will be forever burned in your mind and you end with one of the best classic shooting games ever.

The challenge to port this game for the CV is that it will require extra RAM and bankswitching, but I have a good portion of it already running in an modified version of MESS... :)

post-1432-1085159757_thumb.jpg

Knightmare is available for cell phones!

Look here (you will need Japanese font to see the page correctly)

http://www.konami.net/i-mode/dx/i-appli_shooting.html

And here we have the MSX Yie Ar Kung-Fu for cell phones (the same I will release for the CV):

http://www.konami.net/i-mode/dx/i-appli_action.html

• 5 months later...
Is there any updates to Knightmare for the colecovision?  Would a conversion of either metal gear or metal gear 2 be possible for the colecovision?

-mike

Hi!

Knightmare is basicly finished but there is a problem: it just works on my modified version of MESS. The reason? It needs extra RAM and more than 32KB. So does it means there is no way to play this game on a real CV? Yes, there is! Or there will be... ;)

Metal Gear is something I have thought for a while. A bit risk for sure, but probably worth taking the risk. And it would share the same technology I am planning for Knightmare... Metal Gear is a MSX2 game, but I still think it would be possibe to port for the CV. I was thinking about doing the same with Zanac, the classic Compile shooter. There is a MSX1 version, but the MSX2 is far better. Lets see...

About the MSX revival, it is true. The MSX will be back this March. :)

Eduardo

• 1 year later...
Hi there!

Cool! It is one of the ones that comes with the Extra RAM expansion module, or?

Greetings,

Manuel

982641[/snapback]

Yep, it will come with extra RAM. And it was available for play at vgXpo. :)

BTW, the Magical Tree package was sent to the printer today. Probably it will be available at AA store sometime this January (we can then conclude that deal).

Now Pac-Man Collection is the next in line. :)

Eduardo

Hi there!

Probably it will be available at AA store sometime this January (we can then conclude that deal).

Phew... let's complete the other deal for Sky Jaguar and 1-2-3-4 first :)

Then I need some time to catch up with 2600 development :ponder: ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Probably it will be available at AA store sometime this January (we can then conclude that deal).

Phew... let's complete the other deal for Sky Jaguar and 1-2-3-4 first :)

Then I need some time to catch up with 2600 development :ponder: ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

982683[/snapback]

No problem, my collection is missing Gunfight too... ;)

Eduardo