IGNORED

3 Most Rare

darkannihilation

A recent poll from eBay auctioneers came up with these as most rare:

Pac-Man 1st place (Most rare)

Combat 2nd place (2nd most rare)

Then you have a tie for third::

ET & Missile Command currently holding down the 3rd spot.

5-9 are also in a dead heat with:

Asteroids

Defender

Air-Sea Battle

Space Invaders

Target Fun..

LOL! :D

No one actually know what are the 3 most rare because raritys change all

the while and more carts that were thought to be very rare pop up more

frequently sometimes reducing its rarity.

However I think these are the most rare

1st: Air Raid

2nd: Pepsi Invaders

3rd: Eli's Ladder (OR) Video Life (Im not too sure which one is rarer)

Anyway if you want a rarity 10 then good luck because you'll need it! ;)

So what are the 3 rarest?, "Mr. I have every rarity 9 now" :D  :D  ;)

It is very difficult to determine that sort of thing, nobody knows exactly how many of what exist and how many survived. What I do know though, is that I have never been offered a Gauntlet for sale, nor have I seen one sold (zip it Marco, I don't care about unlabled carts :P). I also do not consider Xante or Beagle Bros. carts rarity 10's. It is a very gray area, since there is not that many people around, insane enough to drop the kind of money needed to aquire rarity 10's. Another reason why I want to know from little Saikyo what he bases his choice on, I bet he has never even seen a rarity 10 cart up close. ;)

So what are the 3 rarest?, "Mr. I have every rarity 9 now" :D  :D  ;)

It is very difficult to determine that sort of thing, nobody knows exactly how many of what exist and how many survived. What I do know though, is that I have never been offered a Gauntlet for sale, nor have I seen one sold (zip it Marco, I don't care about unlabled carts :P). I also do not consider Xante or Beagle Bros. carts rarity 10's. It is a very gray area, since there is not that many people around, insane enough to drop the kind of money needed to aquire rarity 10's. Another reason why I want to know from little Saikyo what he bases his choice on, I bet he has never even seen a rarity 10 cart up close. ;)

That is right I have never actually SEEN a rarity 10 cart (though I'd like to)

I also agree that Xante and Beagle Bros. carts shouldn't be that rare.

Beagle Bros. carts are (allegedly) pirates and Xante carts were made almost everyday

from people who visited the shops and had the carts made.

The reason I chose these games is based on a lot of info from various sources.

First off Air Raid hardly any of these have been found and I do beleive that

less than 40 were made (not 20 ;) dont ask me why i chose 40 just an estimate). BTW I know that this is a pirate also but its a unique game.

Pepsi Invaders is self explanatory Only 125 were made and were not for sale

at all, only those lucky coca cola guys got these. Probably loads got thrown

out as not everyone is interestd in video games so maybe a little over 50

have survived.

Eli's Ladder and Video Life, well Im not too sure about these However I think that 200

of each were probably made but how many have survived is another question.

These games are just rough guesses.

I know im probably wrong in all aspects of my list but still. :)

Guess everyone has a opinion on the subject..mine is I do not consider games that were not for sale to the general public part of a general 2600 collection..good examples are pepsi invaders altantis 2 magic card,etc.yes they are 2600 games but the average person did not have the chance to aquire these games by going to there local stores..I think from a collecting stand point games fall into 2 catagories released to the general public games and special made games..ex altantis 2..which was only made for a contest..and games like tooth protectors that were a special mail in deal..then the begal bros that are just existing games with a generic label..If you consider these type games you really should put ratings on the hombrew and reproduction games to as they are 2600 games just like altantis 2 or begal brother carts..Oh I think it would be nice to have every 2600 game ever made and some have awsome collections but I still think there is a diffrence between games that were actually generally avalible and the special games...I think that if you look at it that way..motoreodo,bmx airmaster and ikari warriors are the most rare atari 2600 games because they were out there at one time avalible to the general public just not many were bought. any way thats just my opinion.

I agree that you can't include carts that weren't made available to the general public (ie pepsi invaders). That being said and from what I've been told I guess I'd say the rarest ones would be Air Raid, Eli's Ladder, and Mangia. I do believe those three were all released at some point to the general public and not just offered via the mail.

is

What are the three most rare games for the Atari 2600 and how many of each were made?  Thanks for any info.   :)

a simple answer to this question!

1= Gauntlet

2= Karate (ultravision)

3= air raid (till more show up)

i base this opion on if it has orginal label (not a lab proto,hand written, ...ect) then i would count it.

if you want to start getting into all things like general release and stuff. would you count music machine? it sold in stores (just not the ones i ever went into) :D

what about COMPLETE games ONLY?

games released before a certain date?

games that were made from a company that only had 5 employees, ate pizza for lunch (every day of course), and has one mother named Fred. :ponder:

Rick

From what I was hearing from others, only 10 copies of Atlantis II were produced for the "Defend Atlantis" shoot off.

How accurate is that information? I don't have the answer to that but it certainly makes sense that they would have been produced in ultra low numbers. AtariAge rates it a 10 on the rarity scale.

The good thing is that apparenty a few have survived and some AtariAge members here own it (myself included ;) .)

Out of the folks here that own one, I only know of two others, besides me, that have it boxed; however, I'm not sure if any of those two also have the original letters from Imagic concerning Atlantis II (I do have the letters :).)

Saying that Atlantis II was not availalbe to the general public is a little true and a little false. I mean, anyone could have bought the regular Atlantis and if they wanted, mastered the game and qualified for the Atlantis II version.

Yes, Imagic only created Atlantis II after the fact because they didn't expect that there would be a few players that could have played the regular Atlantis forever. I think Imagic creating Atlantis II was a neat solution to get the best of the best players for the contest (The player only had a few days to play Atlantis II.) But again, these players were part of "the general public." Imagic employees were not permitted to enter the contest as far as I knew.

Pepsi Invaders is self explanatory Only 125 were made and were not for sale

at all, only those lucky coca cola guys got these. Probably loads got thrown

out as not everyone is interestd in video games so maybe a little over 50

have survived.

Is it well documented that there were only 125 of these made?

What other rare games do we (as a collecting community) know the production quantities of?