IGNORED

3D role-playing game engine demo

Lord-Chaos

This is a small demo of a 3D rpg engine for a 3D role-playing game like "Bard's Tale" for the ATARI 800.

This demo uses plain character graphic only (ANTIC 6), but it's no problem to replace the graphics with detailed bitmap graphics like the graphics used in "Dungeon Master" or "Eye of the Beholder", because there is so much cpu-time left, that this demo needs a huge "time-wasting"-loop.

The demo features spinners, teleporters.imaginary walls and traps and slime monsters that attack.Joystick-control, forward=move, left/right=turn, fire=attack, backward=flee , START = rest.

If the screen flashes, you may enter the next level by pressing fire, but the demo always uses the same map.

With the right graphics, this could be used to make a 3D rpg like Bard's Tale or even Eye of the Beholder for the ATARI 800 (and the 5200).

But I'd need someone to create graphics OR to rip and convert graphics of the classic games, because I'm no great artist.

I'm also working on a 2600 version, the internal engine is the same as on the 800, but the display is a problem.

Screenshot :

dungeon.gif

dungeon.zip

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...