IGNORED

Who wants to help build the elusive PAL rarity list then?

Spirantho

Nooo. Not Bumper Bash (i just got one :) ).

But seriously, i don't really follow the Australian market but i do know that Bumper Bash'es are almost impossible to find in mainland Europe. I have no clue how many are available 'down-under' but in my opinion a 5 is too low. Could we settle for a 6?

There are many rarity 5 carts that i see much more often than a Bumper Bash, e.g. Asterix, Defender II, master builder, Snoopy and The Red Baron, Bomb games, etc. etc.

I do agree that Mangia is not a 9. I guess it's a high 7 or low eight. If i compare it to the other games with rarity 7 or 8 i think it would fit in better with the rarity 8 games though :ponder:

Anyway, i also noticed this game: Burgertime - M Network in the PAL list. Is this a confirmed PAL title?

Cheers,

Raymond

OK, we'll say 6 for now (Updated!), and keep Mangia at 8 for now.

Not sure about that Burgertime - perhaps JadedOz can help? I'd like to see proof of its existence to be honest.. otherwise I'll probably delete it as there shouldn't be any PAL M-Network games as far as I know....

Edit: :D I just did a search for atari (2600,vcs) "bumper bash" on eBay (title and description)....5 of them come up and only one of them is PAL, the other 4 are NTSC! That makes the NTSC one about a rarity 4. :)

Edited by Spirantho

Bumper bash does come up in OZ occasionally, but far less than its NTSC counterpart in the US. Mangia much less so. given these rarely come up for sale in mainland europe as raymond has pointed out, i'd suggest the higher ratings for those two (i.e. 6 or 7 for Bumper bash and 8 for Mangia). Also, the market in OZ is quite small compared to Europe so in absolute terms there aren't likely to be a great number of these carts overall.

As for Burgertime, I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist in PAL. I've bought M-Network games (Tron, Armour Ambush from memory) that were sold in OZ as PAL versions and they all turned out to be NTSC. If JadedOZ who i think he is then he is a collector here in OZ and is likely to have bought one of these too assuming it was PAL.

• 2 weeks later...

So, what about this PAL Custer's Revenge then? You guys think it's really PAL? And if so, how many have you seen before???

Also, we might want to reconsider the rarity of Mission Survive from Videogems... So far i have had in my possesion:

4x Surfer's Paradise, but danger below

5x Missile Control

1x Mission Survive

3x Treasure Below

2x Steeplechase (third might be on the way)

I have passed up multiple Surfer's Paradise and Missile controls on eBay though, and i have seen 1 Mission Survive, 1 Treasure Below and 1 Steeplechase on eBay that were bought by someone else. In my (limited) view Mission Survive seems to be at least ast rare as the two last titles, although the current rarity does not relect this. Anyone have comments on my observations?

Edited by YOK-dfa

Never seen a PAL Custor before  :?

975533[/snapback]

Never have i (until now) but Beat'em & Eat'em / Lady In Wading and General Retreat / Westward Ho also exist in PAL format.

I know these were released by Play Around and Custer's Revenge is by Mystique, but there seems to be some relation between those companies. I let you guys know when i get more info...

i have a supposed PAL Custer's revenge on the way. I'll let you know whether its legit when it arrives. I have a single ender PAL Burning Desire too which is not on the rarity guide. not sure how rare it is though ....

Never seen a PAL Custor before  :?

975533[/snapback]

Never have i (until now) but Beat'em & Eat'em / Lady In Wading and General Retreat / Westward Ho also exist in PAL format.

I know these were released by Play Around and Custer's Revenge is by Mystique, but there seems to be some relation between those companies. I let you guys know when i get more info...

975877[/snapback]

I've just seen a "Scorpion" cart in an auction which I've not come across.

It's been put in the PAL database as a rarity 3, but that doesn't seem right to me. I've put it up to a 5, and even that may be conservative.

Have I just managed to miss all the Scorpion carts before, or has the rarity been underestimated?

For that matter, what game is it?

I think a 5 is about right. I've seen them before, but usually i don't want to buy an entire system with a few games just for one game i still need (shipping is usually that high that it's not worth the investment)...

If someone wants it, here's an auction that also has it: http://cgi.ebay.de/Atari-2600-mit-Zubehoer...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by YOK-dfa

I've just seen a "Scorpion" cart in an auction which I've not come across.

It's been put in the PAL database as a rarity 3, but that doesn't seem right to me. I've put it up to a 5, and even that may be conservative.

Have I just managed to miss all the Scorpion carts before, or has the rarity been underestimated?

For that matter, what game is it?

977339[/snapback]

It's the same game as Sky Alien from Home Vision.

8)

• 2 weeks later...

Well that shrinkwrap didn't look like it was made to last, so away it went.

Scan of the cart:

post-2952-1135020680_thumb.jpg

Note the small 'P' on the label and end-label.

Screenshot:

post-2952-1135020690_thumb.jpg

Anyone want to make a suggestion which rarity this should have in the list?

Edited by YOK-dfa

It's quite interesting because for a long time the only PAL adult game was thought to be X-Man but now there are the 2 PAL Playaround double enders, this PAL Mystique game and Dino said something about a PAL Burning Desire single-ender.

Also someone added Eat'em and Beat'em and Bachelor Party single-enders to the PAL rarity guide although i have not seen any pics and/or confirmation of those...

Got to be 10. How can it be anything else when there's only one known?

Dino also said something about maybe having one in the mail, but i haven't heard back from him about that. Also, there have to be more than just my single copy. Seeing they made changes to the label (and added a sticker to the box) it makes sense that this game had a larger production number than just one. The remaining question is ofcourse, how many were made and where are they now :D

Could it be that these have been released in Australia only? (see also those single-enders i mention above). I really would like to see some pictures of those. The double-enders do not have any special label, but maybe the single-enders have a small 'P' on the label too :?

Edited by YOK-dfa