IGNORED

Atari 2600 Haunted Adventure Limited Edition

atwwong

UPDATED APRIL 18th - NOW AVAILABLE! LIMITED TO 50 SETS! ONLY 13 SETS REMAINING!

Shipping will occur 24 hours after orders are received. Please allow the following times for shipping:

to the U.S.A. minimum 5 business days, Europe minimum 1 week, and Canada minimum 2 weeks.

The Haunted Adventure Boxed Collector's Special Edition Pak for the Atari 2600 VCS is now available separately for NTSC and PAL systems! Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in this project. The Special Edition Pak includes both Haunted Adventure Boo! and Haunted Adventure II Redemption, with carts and manuals for both games. The Special Edition Pak will be limited to 50 sets. The first 39 will also include Haunted Adventure keychains.

BOX

Here is the link to the photos of the Special Edition box. The new design and artwork is by the author. There is an area where the production number and your name will be added to make this a valuable collector's item. There is space for up to 40 characters for your name or any other text.

DESCRIPTION OF THE GAMES IN THE SPECIAL EDITION PAK

1. Haunted Adventure II - Redemption

A mod of Nukey Shay's 8kAdvent: 8k cartridge and manual for the Atari 2600 VCS

Photo of cart:

post-32-1098696632_thumb.jpg

Photo of manual:

post-32-1098696633_thumb.jpg

STORY

Nukey Shay and I have worked to make this mod a completely different experience with new and exciting twists and turns for any daring adventurer. Many special effects and secrets have been added for this Special Edition of Haunted Adventure II that have not been seen before. (We're not telling what the extras are so as not to spoil the surprises for true adventurers!)

Explore the multi-story mansion of Old man Graves, battling ghastly creatures with an ancient sceptre to find a magical urn and escape with your life. After accomplishing this, help Old man Graves to his redemption and save his spirit from a greater evil... The sequel to Haunted Adventure - Boo! has 3 separate stories and different objectives for each game. Areas to explore extend to inside, around, and under the mansion. There are objects to be discovered to help you complete your journey, but six deadly creatures will try to hinder you.

FEATURES

Discover unique objectives and rooms for all 3 games

6 newly animated creatures that haunt the region of Spirit Bay

4 entrances that lead to new areas

Over 100 rooms and scenes to explore with higher resolutions

Mysterious objects to find and use

New music, sound, and lighting effects

New randomization routine for game three (1000's of different object combinations)

A few undocumented secrets for true adventurers to discover on their own

Includes a 20 page coloured manual and new Haunted Adventure storyline

Cartridge and manual produced by Packrat Video Games

Available in regular, clear, red, and blue cases*

Screenshots of Haunted Adventure II Special Edition:

Title Screen

post-32-1101509777_thumb.jpg

Mansion

post-32-1101509776_thumb.jpg

Forest

[link broken]

Vs. Eye Guy

[link broken]

2. Haunted Adventure - BOO!

A mod of Adventure

4k cartridge and manual for the Atari 2600 VCS

Cart label artwork:

post-32-1099252941_thumb.jpg

Sample manual page:

post-32-1099379827_thumb.jpg

STORY

This game has been greatly enhanced from the original Adventure and many new features, graphics, sounds, and different areas have been added to make a spooky journey back to the realm of Spirit Bay.

End the curse of Spirit Bay by finding the skull of old man Graves and returning it to the crypt under the cemetery. Use various keys and tools to explore the house. Avoid and try to banish the three ghosts trying to scare you to death.

FEATURES

3 game variations

3 different ghosts that haunt the mansion and you

3 mysterious doorways to be discovered and unlocked

New rooms and scenes to be explored

Mysterious objects to find and use

New music, sound, and lighting effects

Includes a 16 page coloured manual and the Haunted Adventure storyline

Cartridge and manual produced by Packrat Video Games

Available in regular, clear, red, and blue cases*

Screenshots of Haunted Adventure - Boo! Special Edition:

1st Floor

post-32-1085992144_thumb.jpg

The Entrance to the Cellar

[link broken]

The Crypt

[link broken]

Cemetery

post-32-1085992143_thumb.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

PURCHASING:

The prices are at cost. Please send me a PM, post here, visit my web site or send an e-mail to hauntedadventure@gmail.com if you are interested and let me know if you want the Boxed Special Edition, the Special Edition with carts and manuals only, or II or Boo! separately. Remember to tell me whether you want PAL or NTSC, and if you want custom coloured carts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINKS TO MORE FORUMS:

General discussion of the Special Limited Edition

The development of Haunted Adventure II including the last demo binary

The development of Haunted Adventure - Boo! including the last demo binary

Original Haunted Adventure

Cheers,

atwwong :)

Edited by atwwong

I really like the HH II Redemption label!  The clear case is especially neat.
:) Thanks, my wife helped me to design that label!
The boo label.... :ponder:  

Needs some tweeking.   |icon_innocent.gif

:?: I'd have to ask Rhindle about that, since I asked him to design it. Any suggestions... ?

Try seeing it on a cart...

If you still don't like it, what exactly would you "tweak"?

Umm...I wouldn't have a guy in a Hawaian shirt and basecall cap looking at the ground for one. :lolblue:

That, to me, doesnt exactly say "BOO" !

He's obviously looking behind him. Sorry you can't see that.

As for your image, it would be very easy to find a pre-existing piece of artwork and slap it on a label.

Boring.

Or just do the standard big spooky house picture a la 'The Haunted Mansion'.

Boring.

I tried to do something orginal. I'm sorry you don't care for it. Hopefully others will. If not, so be it.

Try seeing it on a cart...

If you still don't like it, what exactly would you "tweak"?

Umm...I wouldn't have a guy in a Hawaian shirt and basecall cap looking at the ground for one. :lolblue:

That, to me, doesnt exactly say "BOO" !

He's obviously looking behind him. Sorry you can't see that.

As for your image, it would be very easy to find a pre-existing piece of artwork and slap it on a label.

Boring.

Or just do the standard big spooky house picture a la 'The Haunted Mansion'.

Boring.

I tried to do something orginal. I'm sorry you don't care for it. Hopefully others will. If not, so be it.

Dont take it personal. Just a critique.

And yes, mine is probably boring. Maybe a label contest is in order. :)

Just curious, who are the people on the label?  Do they have anything to do with the creation of the game, label, etc.?  To me, that would be a plus!

'The Adventurer' is portrayed by a friend of mine (and a fellow actor), Scott Hildreth. I was able to get some shots of him during rehearsals of my last play, 'Macbeth, in which he portrayed Banquo.

The Ghost of old man Graves (indeed, old man Graves himself) is portrayed by yours truly. *bows deeply*

Here's the portrait of me as Graves that appears in the manual and a few of the dozens of outtakes...

post-51-1099284823_thumb.jpg

post-51-1099284824_thumb.jpg

post-51-1099284823_thumb.png

post-51-1099284825_thumb.jpg

The brief story of the Haunted Adventure - Boo! label and manual...

Back in the dark ages (May) when Boo! was still the original Haunted Adventure, Rhindle agreed to help me with creating the label and manual. After torturing him on and off for six months, he has, in his limited spare time, produced a wonderfully creative and original label and manual.

I suppose when/if (hopefully when) the Special Edition pack is released, you may have the option of submitting your own label for your cart, but Rhindle's label and manual will be the official ones.

Here is a preview of the 16 page manual that Rhindle created, along with a picture of the Haunted Adventure II manual that I just received today!

post-32-1099379826_thumb.jpg

post-32-1099379827_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The screen rolls in Haunted Adventure II are fixed, thanks to Nukey Shay. :thumbsup: Nukey also freed up enough bytes to add in some really nifty extras. ;)

I'm just waiting for Rhindle to add the new features in Boo! to the manual, and to do a minor update to Boo!'s cart label. :)

• 2 weeks later...