IGNORED

New Atari? Nah, I just made it.

spongebue

At 9:45PM CST on Sunday, November 14th, after 2 months, 3 days, 8 hours. and 18 minutes, I have finished my Atari 2600SP+ (the secret project I've been mentioning here from time to time)

front001.jpg

It may seem as though the color is off quite a bit from side to side, but that's because of the camera flash. (it's hard to get a good picture with that camera) The whole thing turned out pretty good overall. Anyways, you plug it into the TV using this plate I made.

plate001.jpg

As you can see, it is not color-coded. It is, however, when turned on

plugslit001.jpg

There is also a mono/stereo switch, as you can see here:

switchthumb.jpg

I don't remember exactly where, but I actually discovered the mod somewhere over here.

In my old 2600 handheld, I forgot to put in the joystick ports. Not this time!

joystick001.jpg

While it may be pretty on the outside (IMO) the insides are pretty ugly:

guts001.jpg

While it took a while to build, I'm incredibly happy with the results. With my last one I rushed to make it get done as soon as possible. This time, I'm took my time and made it look good, since that's what I would want more in 20 years, assuming I still have it (I don't see why not...)

I'm already considering my next similar project... and woudn't mind doing it since the mobo is smaller than I thought... I guess you'll have to wait and see what it is. :) If you want to see the progress of this atari, however, see this thread here

hope you guys like it,

spongebue

details, eh? Lemme know what you want to know, and I'll tell you.

The buttons on the bottom are for select, reset, and power. I could put in difficulty and TV type, but I never use them on my normal atari so I didn't bother with it. I guess I don't rule :sad: :P

I think it's a cigar box, I just got it at Michael's for a few bucks. it's about 7.5x7.5x3, or so

SP stands for semi-portable. It would be a plain old p, but it has no screen.

As for a picture of me playing it, I'll see what I can do :)