IGNORED

Synapse -> Atari 2600 port

Cybergoth

Which Synapse game should be ported to the 2600?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Synapse game should be ported to the 2600?

• Zeppelin
    • Slamball
    • Shamus
    • Quasimodo
    • Pharaoh's Curse
    • Fort Apocalypse
    • Drelbs
    • Blue Max 2001
    • Blue Max
    • Alley Cat

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

oooh alley cat =)

the first game i ever played, 1987 when i was six years old. there are many scenes that should be easily doable on the 2600 such as the backyard or the bird room, but other scenes have lots of freely moving sprites (like the fishtank)

Hi there!

I voted for Slamball. Then Cybergoth could "compete" with WVL of Xenon who gets a finished game first - Slamball 2600 or Pinball Dreams 64.  ;)

Always me... :twisted:

It'll definitely take some time until Crazy Balloon and Jumpman are finished, so anyone interested feel free to try their skills on any choice listed (or from the previous polls) in the meantime :)

Greetings,

Manuel

It'll definitely take some time until Crazy Balloon and Jumpman are finished, so anyone interested feel free to try their skills on any choice listed (or from the previous polls) in the meantime :)

if anybody really would like to do alley cat, if have a large part of the graphics (pc version - were there any other ?) extracted for a non-2600 project :)

Went with Quasimodo.

I like Blue Max a lot, but don't think it would work on the 2600...

Cheers,

Ben

Ye have little faith in Cybergoths skills, if he lists it as a choice I believe he can make it work. :D

True. Cybergoths has mad skills:)

I guess I am very attached to the 8-bit version. In particular, I am wondering how the 3/4 perspective could be accomplished with enough detail. If the game goes vertical it may be too close to River Raid.

Hi there!

I guess I am very attached to the 8-bit version.  In particular, I am wondering how the 3/4 perspective could be accomplished with enough detail.  If the game goes vertical it may be too close to River Raid.

Hm... my first thought would indeed be turning it vertical, as with Desert Falcon we have a good proof of concept that the original Blue Max perspective doesn't work too well on the VCS.

I'm not strictly thinking River Raid though, but rather crossing it with Spitfire Attack...

Greetings,

MAnuel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...