IGNORED

Games that have a definite ending.

moycon

I think I remember reading a thread on Atariage a few months ago about Secret Quest having an ending but Ive never finished it myself and I could be getting it mixed up with something else. What about Dark Chambers?

Ikari Warriors? I finished it on coin-op years ago aftyer pumping enough money in it to buy a house but Ive never finished it on Atari.

Starmaster does, when youve killed all the aliens on "Starmaster" difficulty level it just stops, plays a 3 or four note jingle and thats about it though.

Maybe Tutenkham?? Although again, ive never finished it myself but I imagine it could be a game with a definate end, could anyone confirm?

Adam

I think Enduro has no ending. But here some games were I know the ending.

Decathlon (if you played all games the man run and run, maybe no real ending).

Donald Duck's Speadboat (the 3 kids carry the trophy, gold silver or bronze)

E.T. (you sit under the house from Elliot)

Pitfall 2 (Harry jump up and down)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (look near the same as the startscreen)

Matthias

Ghostbusters has no ending

nor does Enduro, Tutankham (all of these games "wrap back to the beginning level, but keep your score going), nor ET (in ET when you get to the house screen, just press the button to send the little back down to earth).

Solaris has an ending

Pitfall! has an ending (since its time based)

Secret Quest has an ending (as far as I know)

Barnstorming (timed thing again)

All sports games (that I know of)

Frogs n' Flies (and most other 2 player games)

M*A*S*H

All Swordquest games

Dragonstomper

I'm sure there's more. I'll find them.

Never ending Stan

Enduro and Dark Chambers start the game over again... Spike's Peak I believe does the same (You may get a congratulatory screen like E.T. first, but I'm pretty sure it starts over again afterwards)

Star Raiders sorta has an ending... And I guess you could argue that all head-to-head games like Combat, or any sports game has an "ending" as well. But in this sense "ending" only means that the game is over, there isn't necessarily any special treat other than knowing that you won.

There's also games like Demon Attack (some copies) where the game crashes once you get far enough. I think that could be considered an ending Same goes for Activision games that stop at !!!!!!

Pitfall (the original) ends up at a point where you can't possibly get any more points... would this be considered an ending?

How about:

Thunderground

Crystal Castles

Vanguard

Moon Patrol (I think this one loops)

Solar Fox

Wizard of Wor

--Zero

I'm thinking of Spider Fighter, since it looks like you can't get past the 900k score.

And what about H.E.R.O.? I don't know if it ends or the stages wrap, but it sure doesn't have an endless number of levels. Anyone know if it stops after all stages are cleared?

rasty.-

I asked whether there was an ending to 2600 Crystal Castles in an earlier thread a while ago. I know the Coin-Op version has a definite ending (easily seen by cheating in Mame) but according to Crossbow, the 2600 version just keeps going.

I do remember playing 2600 Crystal Castles and coming up on some strange cool looking stages when hitting the upper upper levels

.. so I wonder how many castle shapes there actually are in the game

Funny thing about this thread was that I was about to post the same question on friday.

The games I know have an ending:

Solaris

Secret Quest

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Superman

Riddle of the Sphinx

Pitfall II

Double Dragon

Kung-Fu Master

Skateboadin

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Secret Quest ]

quote:

Originally posted by Fretwobbler:

Video Chess has an ending, and every time I reach it its the wrong one...aaaarrrrrgggghhhh. Must have beeen programmed by a Russain.

IBM probably just stuffed an Atari inside Deep Blue.

--Zero

• 1 year later...