IGNORED

Wolfenstein VCS

neotokeo2001

From Packrat Videogames:

Wolfenstein VCS is finished and now in the final stage of production!

I am very pleased with how it has turned out. In order to make Wolfenstein VCS available as soon as possible, we're going to sell it in runs of 30 at a time. We'll have our first set of 30 copies done by the end of this week.

Wolfenstein VCS will be available boxed for $32.95. The boxed version will come with the cart, box, full-color manual, and a free 4" x 5 1/4" sticker graced with Dave's amazing cover art (see below). The loose version will cost $19.95 for the cart and manual.

If you would like to be part of the first run of 30, please send an email to wolfenstein@packratvg.com with your request. The first seven are already spoken for, so act quickly if you'd like to be one of the first people to get their hands on this gem of a game. We'll collect payment for requests after each run done, so no one will pay for their order until it's ready to go. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Jarett Waite

Owner

Packrat Video Games

www.packratvg.com

P.S. I would like to sincerely thank everyone involved in this project. It would not have been possible without RobertM, Scott, DaveD, and many others.

wolfenstein_front.jpg

wolfenstein_back.jpg

I can vouch for the goodness of Mr. Waite of Packrat video. He sent me an Atari Game Center for free and refunded my money because there was a shipping or packing snafu on his end, a total mistake. He felt bad about it, shipped it, and refunded my money. What a guy. Great one to deal with.

Richard Harris

• 2 weeks later...
Is that licensed? Isn't it id's IP?

From Packrat:

Thankfully, Id isn't like Infogrames and shouldn't worry much about a small production of a hackbrew. The gameplay is completely different from any other Wolfenstein game and even the names of the characters are different. All of the artwork is original and only follows Wolfenstein in the sense that it deals with Nazi Germany.

In addition, the actual word "wolfenstein" isn't the property of Id. Just to be safe, though, we named the game Wolfenstein VCS. We hope if Id does find out about this release that they'll take it as praise more than anything for the how much we appreciate the Wolfenstein series.

Best,

Jarett

I e-mailed Packrat on March 13 and have not heard anything yet.

We will have to wait and hear from Packrat on this. I am out of the loop on this one. I do know that each package is time consuming and that the demand for Haunted Adventure and Wolfenstein was a big one-two shot to deal with.

• 1 month later...
I e-mailed Packrat on March 13 and have not heard anything yet.

We will have to wait and hear from Packrat on this. I am out of the loop on this one. I do know that each package is time consuming and that the demand for Haunted Adventure and Wolfenstein was a big one-two shot to deal with.

826388[/snapback]

<listens to the crickets> Any news on this? I'm not even sure what number my box is anymore due to losing the email, lol. However it's been some time and I've not heard anything bout invoices to pay or any kind of status update.

I emailed on March 12th.

Received a reply to my email on April 11th.

I was told I was #44

I haven't heard since then, just the repies in the thread. There's a longer thread in the 2600 forum I believe.

I think also they said no more preorders until these first (however many??) are readied. So possible no reply until the first 50? 75? etc have been assembled?

You would think/hope for quicker service, at in replies than the 1-2 month range they are at now. I haven't sent any money so it's no biggie with me, but it does look bad when they can't even get the email out in a timely basis.