IGNORED

Sad News About Globetrotter

Atari Charles

I'm not sure how I can say this easily, but I will write what has happened so far.

Canada Post contacted me about 15 minutes ago. Apparently the return address was unreadable, so they contacted me by finding my number by doing an online phone number search using my name and address.

I spoke to one of the supervisors of the Vernon Postal Plant(where the trooter package is now) and she told me that the package has somehow fallen out of one of the postal bins and gotten run over by a forklift. She said the package was definitley crunched(flattened) and pretty much destroyed. She asked me what I wanted to do, so I asked them to email me a digital pic of the damage and to also send me the package so I can so if anything is salvagable. She said she would do her best to rectify this situation. If they are unable to get me a digital pic, I'll take one with my camera once the package gets here. She was apologitic, but that doesn't change the fact that they destroyed this cart! I'd like to kick that forklift driver in balls right now!

I have already emailed Weston about this. I am hoping the package had some kind of insurance as Canada Post is totally responsible for this blunder. I'll keep you updated on this as well.

I'm pretty pissed off right now. Glad I don't have to work today.

Charles

Maybe someone could do a "mock interview" with Atari Charles to get additional information... Tron man seemed pretty excited to see Atari Charles -- seems like he'd be up for it ;)

LMAO!

Poor Globetrotter... it fondeled one of the booth ladies at the Tokyo Game Show... why did he have to go down in shame like that, just WHY?!!!!!!!

Hmm...and I still have Globetrotter#3 safe and sound in OK. So there are still cousins of Globe Trotter still out and about there...

However, at this point, #3 may have to stay here in preparation for our June OVGE show now.

I spoke with the supervisor again. I told her I am just going to drive to Vernon(I live in Kelowna, so Vernon is a different city in B.C.), go to the plant and pick up the package there. Maybe I can find out more and get more done by going there myself. She was O.K. with that.

I am pretty pissed off about this. I just hope that the Trotter cartridge is somehow repairable(with some crazy glue of course).

I am also going to talk to the supervisor about the options we have for insurance purposes.

So I'm off. :arrow: Vernon

Yea... those carts sure can take a beating! (I ran over combat cart with a car (no biggie), smashed into the ground 25 times, threw it as hard as possible in the air and smashed it with a hammer about 5 times.... the PCB is finally out of the cart with the metal piece dented in all nice.

So what do me and my buddy do? We stick that sucka in a 2600 and she still works..... talk about standing the test of time! I bet all those E.T. carts in the landfills still work too :)

Ok, now I'm pissed! :mad:

Atari Charles let me know when he got back from his trip and he included some photos he took as soon as he got home.

You'll notice there's no Trotter in the f-in' photos! :x :x :x

So Charles goes to get the crunched package and he says that the PR lady was real helpful and apologetic until he discovered that the Trotter cart was not in the package! She claims she never saw the cart before, only what is there in Charles hands, though she admits the package looked tampered with beyond getting smashed under the forklift, when she first was informed of the "incident"

Charles got her to mention there'd been some "inappropriate behavior" going on when the forklift rolled over several packages, and one of the employees had to be taken to the hospital, and they were going to investigate the matter, and she "couldn't discuss specifics." :roll:

It sucks that Trotter's case is smashed but I don't mind so much, It's Trotter that's unique and worth the most value to me and many of you who shown support and such Argggh!!!!! this ticks me off that it sounds like some f-tard who can't steeer a foklift and didn't wanna get caut may have stolen the cart outa the package, along with most of the sooveners that hes collectd.

Those of u who keep watch on epay lemme know if Trotter shows up for auction :roll:

%%$#@@$! Trotter made it acros overseas many times, thousand of kilometers, yet he gets lost going a few hunded in Canada! :mad: I emaile J-Roc, the host before Charles and he swears the cart was in the package when he maled it.

So Charles told me she need evidence of what was sopposed to be inthe package before they can compensate. So he contacts me about pics with Trotter and the case and stuff that I can show her.

He got the phone number and her extension there at the Vernon place, so I'm gonna contact her tomorrow morning and try to get this settled and send her some pics of what Trotter loks like.

I cant think straight, this just furiates me and I ned to cool off before I decide what to do for the future with this. Maybe Trotter should take a brake? Later. :sad:

:( OK this looks like it doesn't have anything to do with April 1st. Please accept my condolences, Gateway.

I think it's smart for you to take some time before deciding what to do next. With that said, I don't see any reason to quit. This is why you made a backup Globetrotter, right? I know #1 and #2 were together for a while in Vancouver. Did they travel together on the way to Kelowna?