IGNORED

Turbo Basic XL Question

gobo

Hi,

I was recently looking over some of my old Atari Basic games I wrote way back when and wanted to tweak one using Turbo Basic XL instead of Atari Basic. The problem is that when I run it under Turbo Basic XL it starts out fine but then gives an Error 12 (line not found). When I list the lines they are gone as if Turbo Basic deleted them. They are right at the end of the code listing using line numbers like 20000 and 30000 etc. In the game I used a Machine Language Routine in Page 6 (page 6 I'm guesing from distant memory) that moves some Player Missile Graphics around. Could Turbo basic have a problem with that? Any Ideas? I didn't use many REM statements because the program used just about every free byte in Atari Basic. I was hoping to get more free space and speed using TB XL. Strange.

Thanks

Gobo

Hmmm, have you checked out your basic listings to make sure they are OK? TB uses less resourses than standard Atari Basic even with the further features/commands. It is fully compatible with Atari Basic and of course you can use the compiler for a significant increase in speed. TB leaves page 6 free as you would expect. I seem to recall a limit in the format of the listings sometimes ... it's in the back of my mind.. it's been many years ! ... can anyone remember this ?

If I remember correctly, the resident part of TBASIC is in low memory-area.

This means free RAM is different. So when you have put players/missiles in the area normally safe for your standard basic-listing, it could be unsafe using TBASIC. I think your players/misslie overlap your listing, erasing parts of it.

Try moving up your players/missiles 8K.

cheers,

sijmen.

I think your players/misslie overlap your listing, erasing parts of it
that's what I was trying to remember! yes you are right. I recall coming across the same thing when using TB at the time. moving your location should solve the problem.