IGNORED

Frog Feast shows it's face on the Jaguar. :)

cdoty

I've uploaded an early preview version of Frog Feast for the Jaguar. Frog Feast Website.

This is the BJL version of Frog Feast. It will also run under Project Tempest. The demo only switches to the game screen when the 'A' button is pressed. This version should improve quickly, since it will be based off of the same game source file as the Neo Geo CD and Sega CD version. I only need to add in object management routines.

The goal is a Jaguar CD version.

I've uploaded an early preview version of Frog Feast for the Jaguar. Frog Feast Website.
Great work. I downloaded it just now, and will try it at my first opportunity.

This is the BJL version of Frog Feast. It will also run under Project Tempest.
I will give you some feedback as soon as I can, great you support BJL/PT.

The demo only switches to the game screen when the 'A' button is pressed.  This version should improve quickly, since it will be based off of the same game source file as the Neo Geo CD and Sega CD version. I only need to add in object management routines.
I'm really really impressed by the way that you're supporting all the platforms! :)

If you need any help with the CD, Lars (StarCat) Hannig and Matthias Domin are

both here, as well as Sinigord ("Painter"), and Belboz, so ask away for details.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi!

This is the BJL version of Frog Feast. It will also run under Project Tempest. The demo only switches to the game screen when the 'A' button is pressed.  This version should improve quickly, since it will be based off of the same game source file as the Neo Geo CD and Sega CD version. I only need to add in object management routines.

845466[/snapback]

Great to see that you got started on the Jag so fast.

I just had the chance to try your demo out on PT and I could get into the game screen, but it was just a static BG. Is something happening when you wait longer, because I didn't have the time to check it out in detail this morning.

Anyway, it's great to see that you are supporting the Jag. If you have any questions, feel free to post on Atariage, as Justclaws said. There are some jag coders here who are always willing to help when they can, including me.

Keep up the good work.

Regards, Lars.

I'm really really impressed by the way that you're supporting all the platforms! :)

If you need any help with the CD, Lars (StarCat) Hannig and Matthias Domin are

both here, as well as Sinigord ("Painter"), and Belboz, so ask away for details.

Thanks for the comments.

I basically get 4 systems for free, once the low level stuff is written for each system.

The code to load up graphics and switch between screens is seperate, but the game source file is the same, with the exception of a custom header file. The custom header file defines stuff like the edge of the screen and sprite/tile numbers.

And the FM Towns Marty only requires small modifications, since it uses an earlier version of C.

I just have to write the CD boot track and test it out.

Is there a way to create a CD image, rather than burn it to CD each time?

Edited by cdoty

Great to see that you got started on the Jag so fast.

I just had the chance to try your demo out on PT and I could get into the game screen, but it was just a static BG. Is something happening when you wait longer, because I didn't have the time to check it out in detail this morning.

That's all that happens for now. Tonight I will get a chance to add in the sprite stuff. Once that's done the game will be 'interactive'.

Hello,

I'm using a 320x224 screen (rather than the normal 320x200).

Could this cause problems (outside of parts of the screen not being visible)?

No. :)

The screen size of 320x200 is only used often because it provides square pixels,

and fits on both NTSC and PAL (although letterboxed) but 220 was considered an

acceptable compromise for both NTSC and PAL if the screen layout is unchanged.

Other games run with various horizontal resolutions, and interlacing is possible.

That information is available from the official Atari manual in the guidelines part.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

I've gotten the demo to the same level as the Neo Geo CD and Sega CD (2 player interactive demo). But, I'm having a problem with the heads of the Frogs (the top 6 pixels) not being displayed.

I'm using a very slightly modified version of the build function in the joypad demo. I've removed the O_DESC field, and adjusted the size to 24.

The graphics data is moved to 0x163000 in RAM (to ensure it's properly aligned), and to allow it to work as a ROM.

I was doing the object list building in the vblank (when it changed), which would shift the screen down and show the top of the frogs.

It does show correctly in Project Tempest, and the frogs are not being shifted up.

Edited by cdoty

• 4 weeks later...

This is the BJL version of Frog Feast. It will also run under Project Tempest. The demo only switches to the game screen when the 'A' button is pressed.  This version should improve quickly, since it will be based off of the same game source file as the Neo Geo CD and Sega CD version. I only need to add in object management routines.

845466[/snapback]

When this game is available I simply must have it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I'm usually not one to dig up old threads but I do have my reasons. I was just wondering if any thing new has been done to the jaggy version. I visited the blog and it hasnt been updated since september. Anyone have any more news on this project?

Robert

963041[/snapback]

I agree with Robert, please tell me this isn't another abandoned Jaguar title, as it does look cool.

Well I tried this under project Tempest. Really cute!

I mean I can swim around, jump from one lilly pad to another, and I'm guessing that is all there is for right now.

Anywho, looks cute! First CD image I have run under project Tempest Probably.

Well I tried this under project Tempest.  Really cute!

I mean I can swim around, jump from one lilly pad to another, and I'm guessing that is all there is for right now.

Anywho, looks cute!  First CD image I have run under project Tempest Probably.

963387[/snapback]

A buddy of mine actually has the Sega CD version, I asked him to bring it by so I can try it out. I'll let you all know what else there is to do. The fact that there is a finished product out there though proves it is a viable project though. I would love to see it finished for the Jaguar.

Well I tried this under project Tempest.  Really cute!

Anywho, looks cute!  First CD image I have run under project Tempest Probably.

963387[/snapback]

A buddy of mine actually has the Sega CD version, I asked him to bring it by so I can try it out. I'll let you all know what else there is to do. The fact that there is a finished product out there though proves it is a viable project though. I would love to see it finished for the Jaguar.

963404[/snapback]

I bought the Sega CD version at VGXpo in Dallas this year. Pretty cool little game. Primary reason for purchase was to help support a hopefully future Jaguar release. :)

An update would be GREAT!

• 5 months later...

This is the BJL version of Frog Feast. It will also run under Project Tempest. The demo only switches to the game screen when the 'A' button is pressed. This version should improve quickly, since it will be based off of the same game source file as the Neo Geo CD and Sega CD version. I only need to add in object management routines.

so what happened to the Frog Feast website?

so what happened to the Frog Feast website?

Here you go! :)

I will most definitely purchase this game when it comes out. :)

Hmmm... I burnt the disc, and I can't go past the intro screen...

Same here. I get the title screen where it ways to hit the "A" button, then the screen goes black.

I got the same thing. I might try burning it at slower speeds next to see if I have any more luck.

My original theory was that the CD image was designed for Virtual Jag, and not to be an actual image for a real CD. (For that you'd use the Nero image). Have to try this a bit more.