IGNORED

Electraglide: The impossible becomes easy

Gunstar

I always loved the graphics of Electraglide, they are very colorful and fast, but the game was impossible (bare with me you English&Europeans),; even if you made it through perfectly without hitting a single object, you could just barely make it to the next level only to run out of time half-way through it, again, if you did perfectly. I always wondered why they destroyed such a cool looking and handling game by making it so damn hard. Well, I found out what the problem was/is. I have a 130XE that is the normal NTSC Antic, and I have a 1200XL that I converted to PAL (I refuse to use the word "upgraded" that you English and Europeans throw around so snobbishly, I don't agree, I much prefer the 60hz refresh rate of NTSC over any increas in resolution and flickering of PAL; again, I know you guys across the Atlantic don't notice it, but we Americans do. Period). I've recently gotten my systems up and running again and I played Electroglide for the first time on my 50hz PAL 1200XL. MAN! it is SO easy now! I can hit several objects along the way and STILmake it to the next level with PLENTY fo time left over. But when I play it on my NTSC 130XE, it's back to impossible! Why? Becuase the programmers, even though the game was also sold in North America, chose to use the refresh rate to control the ticking clock (in some way, obviously, I'm not a programmer, so I don't no the technical details). BOGUS! Anyway, just thought I'd let people, especially those of you who use NTSC Atari's that this is why the game is so hard for us. If you CONVERT to a PAL Antic chip then this game will be completely playable and FUN! And after all the insane practice we've had with a faster clock decrament, we could probably waste any English/European at this game on PAL Atari's!

Not really - while playing Pole Position on PAL both the clock AND gameplay slow down a bit. So it's easier only because you're playing in slow motion :-)

With Elektra Glide it's another thing - only the clock is synchronised to VBLANK, and while playing on NTSC it goes faster, but the vehicle goes slower for some reason (well, that's what I've noticed on my emulator at least).

Not really - while playing Pole Position on PAL both the clock AND gameplay slow down a bit. So it's easier only because you're playing in slow motion :-)

With Elektra Glide it's another thing - only the clock is synchronised to VBLANK, and while playing on NTSC it goes faster, but the vehicle goes slower for some reason (well, that's what I've noticed on my emulator at least).

848195[/snapback]

Well,

All I can say is that when we played PP in the HSC 105K was the highest on PP NTSC and I think someone got 110K in PAL mode - That is a huge scoring difference in PP.

848195[/snapback]

Well,

All I can say is that when we played PP in the HSC 105K was the highest on PP NTSC and I think someone got 110K in PAL mode - That is a huge scoring difference in PP.

848428[/snapback]

try it with the throttle option enabled on Atari800win+ and you'll sh*! yourself, either that or it's unplayable