IGNORED

Status of Mental Kombat development

Simon

Hi,

just to let you all know:

I finished work on the MK-binary at the weekend. The PAL/NTSC-Switching works perfect now and the PAL-colors were choosen as good as possible (there is no real yellow on a PAL-2600 sadly).

One bug appeared last week when the binary was played on a 2600-Junior using the Supercharger, as a result the energybars at the bottom of the playfield were modified a bit.

I included new coding which shows the limited ROM-# in the Intro (#00 to #99). Due to that routine there is nearly no space left in the file (around 30 Bytes are unused).

The game should work on every console now, but 7800 wasn't tested yet, because the Supercharger doesn't work on that device.

At the moment the game is tested by two friends adn afterwards a single testing-cartridge will be assembled. When the cart is ready there will be a last testing run checking if the cart runs perfectly on every 2600 and 7800.

We are working on the manual design right now and I'm still looking for a professional printshop to do all print-work.

Best regards!

Simon

Thanks for the great info. I am happy that all work good in the moment.

Sometimes some games don't work right with the SuperCharger, so its better to test the cartridge itself, if this work as well as the Rom in the SuperCharger.

But I think when it work with SuperCharger it will work better without it.