IGNORED

What Upgrades Should I Do?

Ok I have two working 800XL NTSC Computers (and three dead pal 800xl's)... One of the systems I want to use as a stock 800XL and play games etc... The other is a fully socketed board and I want to use it for upgrade projects... Right now it's stock...

SO... What shall I do to it? I can follow basic diagrams and solder/unsolder... What are the maximum upgrades I can do to it?

Simon

BTW: I haven't had the computers out for awhile.. Ten years in fact... and I am really enjoying exploring the Atari now... At the time I wasn't brave enough to try any upgrades and think this would make a great project over the next year or so...

Maybe you'll find the following link interesting....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32173

854473[/snapback]

That's a little more than I can do right now... Does anyone know anything about the wizztronics 256 upgrade?

that link about dual ANTIC/GTIA is interesting indeed... though it is a complicated project

how about a 2nd POKEY, SIO2PC, or MyIDE?

857567[/snapback]

Second pokey sounds fun.. and I can grab one from one of my unusable PAL machines...

SIO2PC and myIDE are cool and I would love to drop a hard drive into the casing. Not sure if I would be able to figure it all out though... there is aparently a 32 in one OS chip upgrade too...

What have you guys done on your machines?